HAPPY ARCHERY EVE PENNSYLVANIA

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

zakk13

HAPPY ARCHERY EVE PENNSYLVANIA

Post by zakk13 »

:D Well its finally here everyone in PA first day of archery tomarrow. Ill be in the woods with my new excal vortex hopping to get my first crossbow kill. Good luck to all. love to hear from people tomarrow night if anybody got a big buck. Happy hunting!
Shotnbeer

Re: HAPPY ARCHERY EVE PENNSYLVANIA

Post by Shotnbeer »

good luck. stay dry in the evening.
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

Yep....1st bowhunt for me in almost 20 years after bowhunting hard for 10 years. First bowhunt for my 16 year old son period. My 8 year old son will be with me in the ladder stand for his first bowhunt as a "mentored youth" in PA. I would love for either of them to get a shot, but I will love just being out with them regardless!
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Trip to PA got pushed out 1 week. Ifin you guys are hunting Fulton County please leave a deer or two for me. :)
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Well my bro and I went out yesterday am here in ne Pa. All we saw were tree rats and chippies. So after lunch we goto another spot till dark, Nuttin, To many doe being killed with a 2 week combined season. Our game comm is doing something wrong. Seems like every year there is less and less deer. We would like to see the old way back, buck for 2 weeks and 3 days for doe.
Soon it wont even pay to get a licence.

Stosh
zakk13

Post by zakk13 »

Well stosh im sorry you had a bad day. I do agree with you something has to be done in PA. I dont think its the 2 week doe season even tho i beleive it should only be one week. but i think its all the bonus tags and that stupid Inline season right smack in the middle of archery! Trust me those Inlines are like rifles i have one and i dont use it because i quite shoting does 6 years ago. I basicaly have the inline for seasons out of state for buck. I think they need to do more in PA to protect buck 3 point rule is a good start but they need to do more to many young bucks getting killed. The buck to doe ratio is still way off i seen 7 doe yesterday and not one buck! you go spotting at night and see all doe in the feilds and if your lucky a buck here and their. I dont just think its the game commission its the people here in PA they need to take the initative them selfs and stop shoting all the deer and pass those little bucks up. If you look at the big trophy deer states like iowa ,illiniose,ohio and others those people take pride in their deer managment people need to start doing that in PA! And yes if the people refuse to in this state to take pride in their deer herd its defently up to the game commission to do a better job!!!
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

We had a great opening day. 3 of us hit the woods before daylite. I did find a downfall using a crossbow for the 1st time. I had 6 Doe's come in over my right shoulder at 10 yards and was unable to even get off a shot due to the limbs. One of the other guys with me seen 8 Doe's but didn't get any shots. For the evening hunt The 1st time hunter with us found out real fast you cant stalk 8 Whitetails in open Hemlocks :lol: The other guy had about 10 deer under him after 30 mins on stand. Thanks to White Oak acorns on the ground like marbles from this weeks storm. He wacked 1 with a Bow Tech. Myself i had 5 Doe's come in at 20 yard and 1 less left. The Equinox and the Rage 2 blade did a awesome job.
I feel the 3 point regs have made a LARGE improvement on the Bucks in the 3D management zone. I seen a cpl Bucks friday before dark while driving a few roads around our hunting area. Im from the 5C zone but there has always been large racks even before the restrictions went into affect. For the 5C , 5D and 3c zones the areas are thick with Deer like Ticks. 5C and 5D had the early opening 2 weeks season and I seen Doe's every evening on stand or in the blind the 6 times I was out in the 2 weeks. Now the rest of the State I have no idea on how the regs are working on the herds but in the 3 zones listed above the ammout of deer is VERY large.