Bloodtrail Ale

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Bloodtrail Ale

Post by chris4570 »

Hey guys/gals, just thought I would show you what I have been working on.

In my quest to have more time afield I decided to make an attempt to crack the beer market. I came up with the idea at the close of last season. The name "Bloodtrail Ale"(trademarked) was immediate. I would make a red beer. It would be made with the hunter in mind.

So it is a red cream ale with a distinctive flavour. I am not licenced to sell,yet, but if anyone is in the area and would like to sample some feel free.

I will be getting some shirts made up with the label on the front. Not sure of the prcing but I hope to sell some.

Here's the logo designed by Mike Del Rizzo, of Big Buck Portraits(http://www.bigbuckportraits.com/).http: ... gspot.com/ Hope you like it.

Last edited by chris4570 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
j.krug

Re: Bloodtrail Ale

Post by j.krug »

Good luck on your quest.
That's a great looking label.
I'd be happy to sample a bottle for you if there's a way to do so.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

That is a killer label. I'll take a t-shirt in XXL.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bullfood

Post by bullfood »

great idea! If it takes off you'll be spending less time in the field for a while
The label may offend some politically correct and antis so maybe a live buck would be more marketable,just a thought
I'll be looking for it
best of luck
bullfood
exocet 175
varizone
Flemish Dyna Flight
Fire bolts
150 gr bolt cutters
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

:shock: WOW! Nice idea. I'm sure the antis would also drink it :lol: but never admit it :roll: :roll: Good luck and have one on me, :)
I am a hunter and proud of it.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

bullfood wrote:great idea! If it takes off you'll be spending less time in the field for a while
The label may offend some politically correct and antis so maybe a live buck would be more marketable,just a thought
I'll be looking for it
best of luck
bullfood
Good idea . . .I would buy a bottle for the label alone . . .just make sure you put some good ale in it to sell more than one bottle.

From a marketing standpoint . . .most hunters that are ale drinkers could give a rats arse about being politically correct. The more the antis react, the more free advertising you get. You will just need to be prepared to stand your ground. You are marketing to a limited segment . . .make that segment very happy and you can make a living.

Good luck!

EDIT . . .you need to get UncleFester to add it to his ritual. :lol: At the end of the bloodtrail find the ale, Bloodtrail Ale. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I could have used one of those at the end of yesterday's blood trail. I would have finished the six pack after the drag. :lol: Good idea.

I remember a beer down south when I was growing up called 'Whitetail Beer'. I wasn't drinking age at the time but I've heard there weren't many repeat cutomers.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Count me in for a large shirt Chris, I would like some of the beer as well. I absolutely have to have one of those bottles in my office. (and a box in the fridge)
Nice thinking!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

FANTASTIC!! I would buy the shirt and the beer in a lager(pilsner)please now ya just have to think of another great name and logo for that!! :D
The best things in life are not things!!
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Looks great. Send me the price of a shirt and a sample. I always like a sip after a hunt. :)
philman

Post by philman »

I'd like to sample a case! Let me know how to get some.... Great idea man! :D 8)
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Man nice label!! I could put away a few yesterday after my solo drag and load job. lol Put me down for a XXL shirt. 8)
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great idea! I hope it works out for you!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

I'm in, hook us up!!
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I have mentioned it to alot of people out this way and they all say the same thing. They would buy it just because they hunt and it is a catchy name. I personally have tried the brew and it is very good. :D

For more years than I have been around there has been a long standing tradition in my family of "having a drink on the buck" after someone sucessfully harvests a deer. Maybe I can convince them that this would be an appropriate toasting brew. :wink:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!