Sad day for PA Hunter...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Morangus

Sad day for PA Hunter...

Post by Morangus »

TAMAQUA, Pa.—Pennsylvania State Police are searching for two men they say attacked and robbed a hunter on state game lands.
Police in Frackville say the 35-year-old man was robbed by armed men Saturday night after a day of archery hunting.

Authorities say the two men struck the victim with their weapons, took his cell phone and keys then drove away in his truck.

Investigators say the victim hid overnight in the game lands near Walker Township, Schyulkill County, then sought help the next morning. He was treated for his injuries at a hospital.

Police are searching for the man's vehicle.
j.krug

Re: Sad day for PA Hunter...

Post by j.krug »

Wow, that's a real crappy story!
I hope they find the two idiots responsible for this! :evil:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Why would he hide all night? Did he not hear them drive off? I'm having trouble with 2+2 again. :?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bigbuckonly1

Post by bigbuckonly1 »

Smells kinda fishy- nowadays you just dont know.
Take time to enjoy each & everyday that GOD has given us- be thankful.

Excalibur Vortex
Firebolt Arrows
Rage .125gr. Broadheads
Equalizer Climbing Stand
99% Scent Killer
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I was guessing that either the reporter got the story wrong (imagine that happening :shock: ) or he didn't want to tell his Wife that he'd been out cattin' around and explain to her how he got into a bar fight... :wink:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

Here's a good update to an otherwise sad event:

FRACKVILLE, Pa. -- Two teens accused of attacking and robbing a hunter on state game lands in Schuylkill County have been arrested in Missouri, state police said.

Philip Hemminger, 18, of Black River, N.Y., and Andrew O'Connor, 19, also from New York, were taken into custody Tuesday in Rolla, Mo., troopers at the Frackville barracks said.

The teens assaulted William Hankey at gunpoint, stole his Dodge Dakota and other personal items after their truck had broken down.

They were apprehended in Missouri, trying to pawn stolen items and driving Hankey's truck.

Both have been charged in Schuylkill County with robbery, criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault, theft and arson, and also face charges in Missouri, troopers said.

Hemminger's father, Philip Sr., told The Associated Press that his son was being held in lieu of $400,000 bail.

He said he wanted to offer his deepest apologies to Hankey.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I hope they throw the book at them! Cowards!! :(
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
curtisgreen110683

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

Little punks!!!
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Now that clears up the story a little more. Still not sure why he hid in the woods all night :?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

If their truck was broken down in the area perhaps he was worried they would return for it before he could get safely out of the area?
Maybe he was simply dissoriented or confused from being beaten up?
Whatever the reason is it's a terribly sad story! :(

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bwagss

Post by bwagss »

Glad to hear they found the turds. Now some will understand why I CCW while bow hunting. It's legal in Ohio.
When you think you know everything, you find out how much you don't know.
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Don't know about State Land but it has been legal for a few years now to carry a firearm while bow hunting in PA. My brothers jointly own hunting land in Fulton County and just about all friends and family that bow hunt hunt the property also carry a side arm.
secret

Post by secret »

Bkisel, Quote right from Pa regs.....Hunters in archery season may not posses a firearm, except those individuals who have a valid handgun permit.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

I have a permit for concealed carry...but I don't care if I didn't...I would still carry...I, nor my family WILL NOT EVER be at someone else's mercy.
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex