O/T Lost my hunting spirit (Last picture and the End)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

O/T Lost my hunting spirit (Last picture and the End)

Post by wheelie »

Many thoughts going through my head since yesterday and I didn't want to hunt. Got up this morning and don't feel like hunting either. Thats not me, Could not sleep last night and not sure if I will sleep tonight either.
Back in August a hardware store in my town build a big new building and I went in and bought some things for my job that day. Noticed they removed my contractors discount. Talked to the manager and he informed me that they were taking it away from all contractors. Me being a man of princable, l then and drove out of town and opened a commercail account at Home Depot. Just turned out to be contractors day at Home Depot that day. We had free lunch and filled out the draw ballets. Got home from hunting yesterday morning and there was a message and a number to call about a prize winning. I phoned the number left and the man on the phone was from Home Depot and asked if I remember filling in a ballet there. I said yes. He then told me I am the grand prize winner of a 2011 Ford F250 super duty truck worth 56 000 dollars. Have to sign papers today. then he said Ford will tell me what dealership to go to and pick my truck options and the color and all that. Then when truck comes in they sendit to Home Depot in Collingwood and we have a picture taken and presented keys. I have never won anything in my life. I have had a headache since and hope it is not a crewl joke by someone or a mistake.. :) :)
Last edited by wheelie on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
NSIan

Re: O/T Lost my hunting spirit

Post by NSIan »

Once you get that new truck in the driveway you will want to take it hunting...

Its a Ford......so pack a tow rope....hehe

J/K

Congrats on your win!!
Nova Scotia Association of Crossbow Hunters.

www.nsach.ca
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

CONGRATS!! on the truck can you trade on the Harley edition!! :wink:
The best things in life are not things!!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

MADMAX2 wrote:CONGRATS!! on the truck can you trade on the Harley edition!! :wink:
May see about that.. I want to see if I can upgrade to a deisel if its not already.
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Being the owner of Clearview Contracting , I have to say Congrats to you.

I understood your situation about losing your account. Lafarge did the same thing back when they bought out some of the small concrete companies in the Stayner/NewLowell area. I stopped dealing with them completely over that. I hope Fowlers put them under :wink:

Great to see someone with the luck to win these draws ...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

Congradulations,

That truck will be great for getting your deer home from hunting! :D
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I hope its not a cruel joke also. Congrats on winning a new truck & when you get it post a few pic's :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Think - DEER, DEER, DEER...................
It will drive those nasty disruptions out of your mind! :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on the truck!
Just think how good it will look with deer blood all over the bed! :D

I know the feeling of the loss of contractor discounts. I've been plumbing for 25 years now, and I've had a couple places drop the discount. They also lost my business!

Seems like a lot of stores would rather gear their sales to the "DIY" business these days. Sometimes that makes good business for me, though. :D

Just this week alone I've had 4 service calls to repair water leaks where they tried to save money by going the "DIY" route. Usually they loose most of the money they spent on materials, plus they end up paying me more labor than it would have cost if I'd been called to fix it in the first place, because I have to remove (and throw away) what they've installed before I can fix it correctly. :roll:
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Congrats on the truck! Send a pic of it and a big smile. Your thrist for hunting will come back. As you get older you calm down a little and things get harder to do like climbing out of a warm bed and climb up a wet tree in the dark. But the dawn wil warm your bones and breath life back into you and you can just enjoy nature at its best. :)
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Congratulations on winning a TRUCK! thats great! I hope your hunting spirit returns :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Congratulations wheelie, thats one heck of a prize!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

wheelie wrote: I have had a headache since and hope it is not a crewl joke by someone or a mistake.. :) :)
Well, of course it is...it's a Fix Or Repair Daily... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Srsly, congrats on the new truck! I'm :mrgreen: with envy!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Congratulations on a huge prize! Pictures are worth a 1000 words so lets see it once its yours!
Why ride when you can walk!
curtisgreen110683

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

I hope it's not a waste of time, Congrats! And yes, bring a tow rope, ya never know when a chevy will need some help getting out of a jam... :P
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
bucont

Post by bucont »

Well don't that just put a smile on your face. Congrats on the new rig!
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA