More Snake Oil

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lakelover

Re: More Snake Oil

Post by Lakelover »

Were is the USB port?

I lick a 9 volt battery before hunting.

And those pesky metal fillings in my mouth, but it's nice to have a radio every where I go!!
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

They're pushing that shirt or one similar to it on Wild TV and the pants to go with.
The guys are praising it up and down and swearing that's it's the most amazing product ever!! :lol: :lol:
Please.....gimme a break for Pete's sake!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Science has proven that some species of fish, birds, turtles and mammals can detect electromagnetic fields. It is also proven that all living organisms, including humans, emit significant electromagnetic fields (EMF). This EMF radiates outward in waves that are readily detectable by modern instrumentation. The intensity of your body's EMF is directly correlated to muscle movement.
Increased muscle movement, such as a heightened heart-rate, creates a more intense EMF.
The above is true, I have known it for years and have experienced first hand. Unfortunately, no shirt or other "gizmo" is going to reverse the effect of the above afore-mentioned phenomenon.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

You are dead right Bob!
I bought an EMF tester to make sure gas powered machines like chain saws would not knock out my Pacemaker,and when I tested myself with the instrument,it showed "nuttin honey"!!
As they say,"don't eat that stuff Elmer,it's horse poop!"LOL!!
This is Snake Oil medicine,but as PT Barnum would say-there's a sucker born every minute!
Somebody will buy them!
Bob Vandrish.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

The hunting industry is just one in which consumers can be suckered into just about anything if it's marketed well. I bet four or five of us could sit around a table, have a beverage of choice and come up with a 'gimmick' to put a few bucks in our pockets by making people think it will put bucks in front of them. :wink:
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

back in 1982 when i started bowhunting hunting they had nothing like what clothes, gimmicks, garbage what ever you want to call them that there are out there today....guess my dropping a few logs off my tree stand and shooting this fella an hour afterwards as my first deer ever....

goes agianest everything there trying to promote with this shirt :lol: :lol: :lol: ....plus he had another smaller 8 point with him too :shock: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Hey Bob,

I started bowhunting a few years before you and I had that Hi-Tech camo back then. They were a set of coveralls with WWII camo pattern. Man, I thought every critter in the woods would be dead within a week! :lol:

Then my first "real" set of camo was some reversible stuff made by a company called Ranger. That stuff was pretty good and lasted a few years. But day in, day out I hunted in blue jeans and plaid shirts...and killed deer in it. No one told me I had to have head to toe camo, carbon suits, emf absorbing shirts and all this other junk pushed by companies today. :evil:

I'll be the first to admit that I've bought a few gimmicks over the years, but nothing as drastic as that shirt!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

chit i'm still using camo i bought 7+ years ago, using arrows from my compound cut down for my xbow from 10 years ago :lol: ....i do have new boots from 2 years ago....i don't and have never used any scent away, scent loc junk ever and have avgeraged 2 deer a year since 1982 with 52 deer to date, guess i'm doing some thing right :wink: ......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

I am looking for investors for a new product I have invented that makes you absolutely invisible.

In is being tested extensively right now by Joe Biden.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

In the words of P.T. Barnum...there is a sucker born every minute!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Some manufactures must think we are phucking idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

Heck, everyone who knows anything about this electrical stuff will tell you, All you need to do is carry enough grounding wire up in your tree, wrap it around the bare skin on your ankle, and attach the other end to the ground rod at the base of your tree. :D
Exomax
Lumizone
Boo Trigger
Firebolts
125 Stricnines
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

These guys should be prosecuted for this crap!

By the way, anyone remember Roger Rothaar? He killed several record book Mule deer and he's a stalker. His average shot was something like 7 yards. He also wore no camo. He favored red checkered plaid shirts and jeans or shop pants.

Randy Ulmer is a paid mothpiece for whomever will throw money at him. He used to be a pro shooter for Browning I believe, and all of a sudden, almost over night, he's some kind of Mule deer Guru. He's a joke!

This is the stuff right here that irritates me to no end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the Wind.......