Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Re: Whats up in Southern ON?

Post by munch »

ninepointer wrote:
munch wrote:sat in my stand from 630 am till 7 pm tonight
Now that is hardcore :shock: !
I had no idea that the new Lonewolf stands came with a built-in lunch cooler and johnny-on-the-spot :wink: .
no they don't but my back pack did Schneider lunchable wonderbar apple juice and old gallon jug hangs in the tree :D i normally climb down at lunch and eat and stretch for an hour.but did not see deer moveing from feed to bedding area(may just have been too green in the bush or too much corn but i did not want to take a chance
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
bzz

Post by bzz »

i had a buck snort and weizz at me opeing mournig after only a few min in my stand i to hunt in the beans this year and in my pics i notice theres more action at dark .supposed to get colder this weak my be they will chang there patterns abit :oops:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Been out 4 times in Essex county area with 2 sightings.
All the beans around where I hunt just came off late last week.
I'm seeing tons of fresh tracks everytime I go to my stand.
Apparently the deer and I just have some scheduling issues to work out! :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

munch wrote:
ninepointer wrote:
munch wrote:sat in my stand from 630 am till 7 pm tonight
Now that is hardcore :shock: !
I had no idea that the new Lonewolf stands came with a built-in lunch cooler and johnny-on-the-spot :wink: .
no they don't but my back pack did Schneider lunchable wonderbar apple juice and old gallon jug hangs in the tree :D i normally climb down at lunch and eat and stretch for an hour.but did not see deer moveing from feed to bedding area(may just have been too green in the bush or too much corn but i did not want to take a chance

No...the Lonewolf stands don't come with a built in cooler and toilet...but munch has retrofitted his to support a big-screen TV, laptop and mini-fridge using things he just found at the side of the road. :wink: :mrgreen:
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

All I have seen live and on game camera is Does and Fawns no Buck sightings or pictures where I hunt in Guelph so far this year?

I have 3 photo's of different coyotes at night traveling the edge of the corn.
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

Went out yesterday morning and sat along the edge of a corn field before light. Blew some deer out of the field when I was walking back to the bush, but got through the bush to the filed on the other side quietly. I just sat against a tree for this hunt, with what would have been a 10 yrd shot into the corn. I like the soft excal case because you can put it over you on those cold mornings and that thing will warm you up! A little before light I heard a deer come out of the woods and enter the corn just 20 feet down from me. Nothing more after that. Still hunted the edge of the corn and woods later on in the morning. It was really good because everything on the ground was damp and I was able to move much quieter than I usually manage. Tons of tracks in the field, even a big spot of blood in the far corner of the field. Must be from another hunter? In the evening I set up in an old stand inside the woods and just after sundown had a doe and a nice 7 point come right in to under 20 yards. It was very interesting to see their reactions. Wind was away from them, but when the doe came in she caught a whiff of me and startled and ran a circle, eventually ending right where she started. She calmed back down, but the buck stopped behind a clump of bushes watching her. After she continued coming and came right under me then he came out, and immediately looked right up at me. I could not believe how fast he pegged me. The old stand is probably only 12 feet up, and I guess if there is suddenly a big shape up there it would be easy to see from the ground. He did the look away-then-snap-back-to-see-if-you-have-moved thing for a couple of min. and I held perfectly still, and avoided blinking or eye contact with him. He gave me a number of easy opportunities, but he was just a young guy and his rack was only at the edge of his ears, and I think he will grow to be much better...and 'sides, I know for a fact that his dad is a nice, fat and unusually thick 10 pt! I wouldn't mind it if his daddy was my first bow buck! :D

The thunderstorm and rain that suddenly followed was incredible, and sent me running back to the car, even though I was sure his dad had to be coming along too. It has been a while since thunder like that was right overhead! WOW!
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

I have only been out for a day and a half so far. Nothing after 13 hours on the stand on opening day. Jumped a deer going into another stand two days later and saw a single doe 40 yards out and moving too fast.

Lots of sign on the property.....usually see most of my deer in October. Once the corn's down, they start heading for other properties in my opinion.

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by ninepointer »

bugs wrote:I have been hunting 4 times so far, twice I was in the stand before light, once around dusk and the other the lunch hour. I have not seen one deer yet!! There are tracks but no sightings.
Not to worry. Something had to make those tracks you are seeing. Before a forkhorn walked into my arrow yesterday, the only thing I saw in 3 outings was the flash of tail from the deer that busted before I even reached my stand on opening day.

Two things you can be sure of in deer hunting:
1) Everything can change in a split second.
2) You won't shoot one from your living room couch.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Last year around Markham numbers were definitely down. i saw two deer all season and was fortunate enough to arrow both. This year with the extremely mild winter and lots of sign all spring and summer I was hoping for more sitings but so far but 5 hunts and about 20 hours in the woods so far and nada. Crops being taken off and the peak of the rut in 2 -3 weeks should change things...I hope.

F
A.W

Post by A.W »

I've been up at my trailer north of Bowmanville two weekends in a row and haven't seen a thing.I think the coyotes chased everything, including themselves, out of the area last year.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

Galgo wrote:Last year around Markham numbers were definitely down. i saw two deer all season and was fortunate enough to arrow both. This year with the extremely mild winter and lots of sign all spring and summer I was hoping for more sitings but so far but 5 hunts and about 20 hours in the woods so far and nada. Crops being taken off and the peak of the rut in 2 -3 weeks should change things...I hope.

F
Where about around Markham? I live in Markham and hunt in Pickering. I see lots in Markham even in my residential neighborhood. Over at 407 & McCowan there are allot always walking the field.
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Glad to hear that you're now seeing deer :D . I wish whitetails would be more considerate by stepping out exactly where they are supposed to! :lol: When I think back on it, I'd say that the vast majority of the deer that I've shot (or had near me but could not shoot) showed up in the dangest places :roll:
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount