Whats up in Southern ON?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Whats up in Southern ON?

Post by Boo »

I think you'll see more when more corn comes down. I have been out three times and have seen no tracks or deer yet. I have corn and beans all over the place too.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Get out there as often as possible during the rut when activity peaks! Right now use the corn as a advantage and hunt them as they go to and from it. Your area sounds alot like mine, just put in the time and one will come your way eventually!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Slow start to the season for sure ... I just spent the last 8 days out and it was tough putting us on deer . ( WMU 80 )

50 % of stands taken came up with no sightings .

At my home farm the activity / tracks / sightings are significantly down from last year . ( WMU 91 )

I also believe the deer numbers are down in our area , based on tracks / sightings / activity .

I have also noticed a huge increase on Coyote and Raccoon's ... I think it was a banner years for them ?

As the crops come off in the next few weeks and the temp drops our whitetail encounters will improve .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

Same here 7 times out and not one sighting, crops are just coming down so i'll keep my fingers crossed. I'll be back at it tommorow morning having thanksgiving dinner today, one in the oven and one in the turkey fryer as i am writing this.
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I hunted Friday evening & all day Saturday WMU92B. I heard 2 deer & both busted me when the wind blew the wrong way. Way too hot & lot's of green leaves in the bush. I am seeing way more turkeys than deer lately...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I am seeing tons of deer around my way. I have a 7 point down and spotted a big 8 pointer 2 days before the season began. Not seeing many bucks, but have had at least 12 does within 40 yards.

Adam
munch

Post by munch »

sat in my stand from 630 am till 7 pm tonight and only saw 1 deer at about 20 min. to 7am and still dark it walked right up 15 yards from the choke cherry tree i was climbing(i swear that tree is the best call i ever had because thats about 5 or 6 times ive had bucks come as i climbed must think its another buck.just as it was getting light a yote came along and ran him off.i waited thinking he would be back but nada .only the yote again at 10 am and no shot.
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
gogo

Post by gogo »

First two or three days of the season seen about 20 doe nothing since. But it won't be long till the big boys showup.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

This morning I went out saw three does, they saw me first :( , 20 yards to my right.
This after noon I went to a different place and almost know sign of deer. :?
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

munch wrote:i swear that tree is the best call i ever had because thats about 5 or 6 times ive had bucks come as i climbed must think its another buck.
Hmmmm..... very interesting.

Same here for me. Ground just covered with fresh sign, but the best I have seen so far is a coon and a wild cat -- a house cat hunting birds in the corn!!

There was a deer hit on highway #2 just down from my dad's house on tuesday this past week -- button buck with 2 in. velvet covered buttons! I wish he could have made it to 6 yrs old at that rate.

I am hoping the end of october will make magical things happen.
And that it really doesn't rain tomorrow.
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
korey99

Post by korey99 »

I've been out 4 times and seen deer each time. I only hunt one little bush lot, but they are travelling through it pretty good. Seen both does and bucks, one mature 8 point is the biggest - just outside of my comfort shooting range (he was 40 yards). No urgency to try a risky shot, since meat is already on the ground and the season is VERY young. Lots of time left...the best is yet to come.

Korey
Normous

Post by Normous »

We hunted 92B all weekend and utilized all the warm weather camo and it was still too warm. The tracks are there but we didn't see any.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

Hunted 91B twice in the last 2 weeks...didn't see any deer while hunting but saw 2 fawns and 2 does when I was parking the truck at the barn.

Put stands up in 82A but haven't seen any deer.

XCaddis
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

With standing corn, the big boys sometimes lay right up in it. They have cover and all the food they could ever want, so why leave. A deer can move through the corn and you would never see them.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

munch wrote:sat in my stand from 630 am till 7 pm tonight
Now that is hardcore :shock: !
I had no idea that the new Lonewolf stands came with a built-in lunch cooler and johnny-on-the-spot :wink: .
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount