Activity Calandar's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Joe

Activity Calandar's

Post by Joe »

Not sure how many use these calandar's or follow them but I find it very interesting to try and verify when I see deer if it lines up with these activity charts. Here is one that I like to use.

http://www.huntfishsport.com/web.aspx?cmd=calendar

Does anyone else have one that they use?
Hope it helps anyone who has never used one.
Pydpiper

Re: Activity Calandar's

Post by Pydpiper »

Solunar tables..

I use them, not so much for deer though. I find they work ok if the weather is consistent, but it rarely is.
Coyotes on the other hand seem to strive on that schedule.
I wear a watch that runs that table, vibrates to indicate peak movement, and rates the day based on solunar position.
I have a habit of glancing at my watch every time I see game, it has proven to be effective as far as I am concerned.
That same table also coincides with peak fishing times.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

here is one i just found and have been paying atention to the times i see deer moving bout....pretty darn spot on if deer are in the area you are they are out and bout at those times it says :wink: ....just click on stuff and look see how it works.......bob

http://www.usprimetimes.com/zip.html

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Joe

Post by Joe »

bob1961 wrote:here is one i just found and have been paying atention to the times i see deer moving bout....pretty darn spot on if deer are in the area you are they are out and bout at those times it says :wink: ....just click on stuff and look see how it works.......bob

http://www.usprimetimes.com/zip.html

Doesn't see to like us Canadian boys :D :lol: best I could do is put in Buffalo NY

Joe.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Check out time and date.com dig around for solar tables, pretty cool site.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
roly

Post by roly »

Love my Watch too!! :D :D
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I'm not trying to steal your thread but I have a question for you all. Does anyone actually use these calanders to dictate weather you go hunting or not? In other words, you work all week and ready to go hunting on saturday but the calander says your only day off is going to stink. Do you stay home or do you give it a go anyhow in spite of what the calander says.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Deer, nope, I get out at every available moment.
Coyotes, yep. I hunt the lunar tables almost exclusively during the right time of year. The tables have increased my success by enough of a margin to rely on. I will hang tight on a less than stellar forecast, but if the table shows a hint of an advantage, I am all over it.
raydaughety wrote:I'm not trying to steal your thread but I have a question for you all. Does anyone actually use these calanders to dictate weather you go hunting or not? In other words, you work all week and ready to go hunting on saturday but the calander says your only day off is going to stink. Do you stay home or do you give it a go anyhow in spite of what the calander says.
WMU 91
Boo string
Joe

Post by Joe »

raydaughety wrote:I'm not trying to steal your thread but I have a question for you all. Does anyone actually use these calanders to dictate weather you go hunting or not? In other words, you work all week and ready to go hunting on saturday but the calander says your only day off is going to stink. Do you stay home or do you give it a go anyhow in spite of what the calander says.
Not at all Ray :) I tend to 'try' and hunt more when it says that it is a 'really good day to hunt' but I can't say that I did in fact see more deer then any other time.

Joe.
gogo

Post by gogo »

I believe hunting on the full moon phase has some merit, have seen some big deer taken around the full moon.Having said that the calender table says saturday around 8 am is prime time will try it out to see what happens.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Bob's calender link has been 100% accurate 100% of the time for me!
(But yesterday was the first /only time I ever tried it. :roll: :lol: :lol: )
wabi
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

The very best time to go hunting or fishing is whenever you can.
Keep smiling!
Dennis