ladder stands

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

ladder stands

Post by Boo »

I am thinking about buying a ladder stand. Any suggestions?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Re: ladder stands

Post by Normous »

Put a ladder and a hang on tree stand together....kinda redneck but it will work. :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

enormous wrote:Put a ladder and a hang on tree stand together....kinda redneck but it will work. :lol:
Do you use duct tape or staples?
Normous

Post by Normous »

Lots of Red Green tape.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

enormous wrote:Put a ladder and a hang on tree stand together....kinda redneck but it will work. :lol:
Boo wrote:Do you use duct tape or staples?
twine :lol: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If im going up, I want to be as high as possible. I bought the Gorilla brand and now in its 3rd year of use its making squeeking noise as I climb up/down, but I think all brands are going to be prone to that. Especially after a couple of years. This has the padded arm rests and padded shooting rail, (padding holding up good) moveable foot rest, and the padding on the seat and seatback are what make this thing my favorite of all my stands. It did take me an hour and a half to assemble because everything is bolted together but the frustration was worth it. Now that the ladder is mostly welded together I expect this thing to be much quiter and once season ends Im going to weld the majority of the stand portion together. It mounts to the tree pretty well too, with 4 straps.

edit-the foot rest leaves something to be desired, if you put too much pressure on it, it will flip over making alot of noise. It needs a stop installed to prevent it from over-travelling.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

I have a couple of ladder stands, but the two seater is way more comfortable. Its only a 15 footer and took two guys to get up, the extra room and the ability to shoot behind you are great. Plus it has a bench seat so you can slide too one side or the other and put your pack under the seat. Not sure if they make them any taller but the 15 ft. works for me.
Crispy
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

By far the best ladder stands I've used (and I use a lot of 'em) are the Big Game treestands. Of those, the Titan is probably the most comfortable commercially built stand I have ever used. I could literally fall to sleep in it if I wasn't careful!

The Titan is a 16 footer but if you really want a nose bleed, they have a 20 footer. I think it's called the Skybox. It's a double rail model that is really steady way up there, but you'd better take some help putting it up.

We just added an "Executive" model to our list of treestands, but I'm not as crazy about it as I am the Titan.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Ibex

Post by Ibex »

My 2 cents worth.

I use $50 to $60 12 ft ladder stands with just a metal seat which I think is quieter. They work just fine.

Fran
Ibex, 3X-32 Vortex crossbow scope, GT Laser II, 125 gr. Marden Mini Mag Steel broadheads, 4 deer so far
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Ibex wrote:My 2 cents worth.

I use $50 to $60 12 ft ladder stands with just a metal seat which I think is quieter. They work just fine.

Fran

im using the 49.95-59.95 dicks sporting goods basic ladders and they work just fine. I just have a cushion I take with me. I usually buy 10 or so of them after season when they go on sale.

the ameristep buck buster is my fav ladder though. 18ft and you can sleep in it :lol:
secret

Post by secret »

Here in Pa, Gander mountain,Dicks,Cabelas,Bass pro shops ladder stands equally "Grow legs" the same! so i couldnt tell you if any of them work well!.... never owned one long enough!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

OkXbowHunter wrote:By far the best ladder stands I've used (and I use a lot of 'em) are the Big Game treestands. Of those, the Titan is probably the most comfortable commercially built stand I have ever used. I could literally fall to sleep in it if I wasn't careful!

The Titan is a 16 footer but if you really want a nose bleed, they have a 20 footer. I think it's called the Skybox. It's a double rail model that is really steady way up there, but you'd better take some help putting it up.

We just added an "Executive" model to our list of treestands, but I'm not as crazy about it as I am the Titan.
X2, I have two of the Big game buddy stands and they are great.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
duber

Post by duber »

X3 on the Big Game Titan.I bought one last year and it is by far the most comfortable ladder stand I have ever been in.Well worth the money.I may need to bring in a alarm clock though.
175 Exocet
Vari-Zone scope
Gold Tip Laser 2's
100 grain Wasp Boss
wabi

Post by wabi »

Get a 2-man stand!
Mine (I'd have to do some research to find the brand name) is a 15' 2-man stand and it has enough room for real comfort! My son often sets in it with me, but when I'm alone I can stretch out a bit in it. It has a shooting rail I've enclosed with a camo "skirt" and it conceals me well.
I shot a deer from it this evening, and the 3 bucks that had been feeding and sparring for half an hour before I got a shot had no idea I was in the area - and I was wearing blue jeans and a navy blue T-shirt, and smoking a (partigas purito) cigar. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:I was wearing blue jeans and a navy blue T-shirt, and smoking a (partigas purito) cigar. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike, that kills me! :lol: :lol: :lol: