Flash light

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hikerman

Flash light

Post by hikerman »

Hi all.

Last year at the sports man show the was a guy with a both not to far from Excaliburs selling only these hi end flash lights. These suckers would shine light on the hi bay ceiling as demonstrated.

Enyone remember the brand?
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
SPITFIRE

Re: Flash light

Post by SPITFIRE »

Go to surefire.com They have many different models All are high intensity. Hope this helps.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That was a Fenix booth, fenixtactical.com, if you are close to TO call him (Alex) and he will meet you at a Timmies with a great deal, there is no store.
The light you held was a Fenix PD30.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The TK20 is as good as you are going to get for what you want right now Bob, and it is an excellent light with an excellent reputation.
The PD30 is available with different LED, they can be bought to throw or bought to provide a "flood" type light.
You have a great light, geared for outdoorsmen, rubberized handle, easy to find batteries and a good thrower.
I am partial to lithium batteries, R123's to be exact. They can dump 3 times the current in to a LED and do not mind being cold, which I really need.
PD30 is smaller and has a lot more features (levels), but for a guy who just needs to see then you already own the best.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
bdog

Post by bdog »

I also have the Fenix Pd 30,now that I have it, I don't think I'll be needing another light for awhile,I was constantly buying lights always looking for something better,I believe I finally found it.......
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
wabi

Post by wabi »

I love my Fenix TK20, but for blood trailing I picked up a Fenix HL20 headlamp. Only 1AA battery and a bit (not sure of the word(s) to describe it) softer, or less intense light works better for me to see blood.
The TK20 is a very "white" light and really shows detail of distant objects, but it's a bit too bright to suit me for trailing.
I only use lights that take AA or AAA batteries. I have a good supply of both in NiMH rechargables plus a good charger (LaCrosse), and just hate to invest in another size. :roll: :lol: :lol:
wabi
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Thanks!

How'd you know which one it was David? :lol:

From what bstout said I think the TK 20 is what I am looking for.

As for trialing blood, see the color blind tred :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I don't think they sell the TK20 any more.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Based on recommendations here I looked at a Fenix flashlight back in the spring. Wow was I impressed. I ended up getting the LD20. 205 lumens out of two AA batteries and I can clip it to my hat to be hands free. I typically walk in on the lowest setting (9 lumens). Its a small and solid built light with lots of output. I will buy another one at some point. I'm impressed.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

hikerman wrote:I don't think they sell the TK20 any more.
Try here, no charge shipping, I have bought several lights from them with no issues, but I know Enormous had a couple lost in transit.

https://www.fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=22
WMU 91
Boo string
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

fenix
roly

Post by roly »

Pydpiper wrote:
hikerman wrote:I don't think they sell the TK20 any more.
Try here, no charge shipping, I have bought several lights from them with no issues, but I know Enormous had a couple lost in transit.

https://www.fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=22

My daughter bought me the TK20 last christmas from these ppl
She said they were great to deal with
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

im a big fan of the surefire lineup.. the LED G4 or G6 are my favs.. The G4 even comes in bright yellow in case you drop it in the woods :lol:
ch312

Post by ch312 »

im looking at the tk 30 and headlamp.

is it really worth buying the 2 rechargeable batteries that replace the cr123 batteries?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

ch312 wrote:im looking at the tk 30 and headlamp.

is it really worth buying the 2 rechargeable batteries that replace the cr123 batteries?
Absolutely. You will never have to buy batteries again.
The technology behind the rechargeable 123A's is amazing, Lithium Ion is pretty crazy stuff.
Compared to something like rechargeable AA batteries the Lithium is light years ahead. Significantly slower discharge rate, a tremendous amount more current (current LED's need that) and they don't change in the cold.
WMU 91
Boo string