Dream Hunt(er)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MarkMarine

Dream Hunt(er)

Post by MarkMarine »

I have absented myself from the forum for a perhaps foolish reason: as I told some earlier, I worried I would have no place to hunt with my youngest son and did not think I could stand to see pics of others success when I have failed. Spending father/son time with him is an important thing to me. High hopes came with opening day - but no spot to hunt materialized. So I was forced to set up a make-shift blind on my Mom's little 6 acre patch in a corner where deer sometimes walk through. The tracks were old in the location I picked out...but at least it was sign.

My son came and sat in the blind with me. There was really no hope for a deer. However, I prayed something (anything) would come. Long story short, nothing did. He and I whispered for a while talking about this and that...perhaps that was the true success. Though he said at the end he was not disappointed no deer came by, I knew when he left to return home to his mother (who has custody of him) that he was. I am afraid he will lose what desire he had to deer hunt because of my failure to provide realistic opportunity.

I say the above not to rain on anyone else's success, but to remind all that having a place to hunt coupled with actually seeing game (ANY game) is a wonderful blessing. Enjoy your season, enjoy your time with family and friends before, during, and after a hunt. Though you may not realize it, you are living a dream when you do...maybe not your own, but someone's like mine whose dream-hunts are only in their dreams.
M&M

Re: Dream Hunt(er)

Post by M&M »

Don't give up, remember that a whole lot of frustration seems to get wiped away with just one moment of success. That goes for both the deer hunting and relationships with our kids. Good luck with both!!
M&M
sumner4991

Re: Dream Hunt(er)

Post by sumner4991 »

I spent two days hunting and saw the same thing you did. Actually, you had a much better hunt than I did. You had your son with you. Count your belssings. :)

Keep the faith and keep asking around. Something will come up.

Good luck!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen