Best jig to buy?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jackleg

Best jig to buy?

Post by jackleg »

Hello all, I am looking into buying a fletching jig. Nothing fancy, as I do not want to go into commercial production :lol: But something simple and accurate. I mostly want to replace stock fletching that has been ripped off of my firebolts with blazers as they are supposed to be more accurate when shooting broadheads. Any suggestions? Comments? :mrgreen:

Thanks

Joey
Equinox
GTII's 2" blazers
Ground pounder mount
vixenmaster

Re: Best jig to buy?

Post by vixenmaster »

I like the Ariz. EZ fletching jig with a RH helical or 4 degree off-set
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
munch

Post by munch »

here is one you might want to look at. i have the full size but think i may pick one of the minis up this winter
http://www.ezfletch.com/
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
wabi

Post by wabi »

Another recommendation of the Arizona E-Z Fletch. :wink:
wabi
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

munch wrote:here is one you might want to look at. i have the full size but think i may pick one of the minis up this winter
I just bought the full size one a few weeks ago :( . I didn't know the mini would work with the fatter arrows.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
munch

Post by munch »

vrodman wrote:
munch wrote:here is one you might want to look at. i have the full size but think i may pick one of the minis up this winter
I just bought the full size one a few weeks ago :( . I didn't know the mini would work with the fatter arrows.
i have not seen one but it does say carbon wood and alum. hope they work .i shoot easton power bolts
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I shoot 2 inch blazers. I bought the bonning jig made for them with 3 degree helix. How can one go wrong buying the one that is made just for them. I like it. If I have to change a vein I can just replace one. Can get new one on exact same spot and angle as the others. It works for me. Don't need it as much now though since I changed to Krazy Glue Jell.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I currently use the EZ Fletch as well and plan to pick up one of the mini's in the future as well.
I've used mine for several years with out any problems.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I also use the AZEZ . . .for the average user it's perfect. If I were doing a lot of arrows, then I might get something else. However, for personal use, the AZEZ is as good as it gets. It's simple and fast. Stores easy.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

Do you need the helical or 4 degree offset for crossbow arrows? I have an EZ that's straight?

Other than plugging the bottom to account for the knock that isn't there, can I use straight vanes on a crossbow?

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by Jim22 »

I don't think the mini will work on the fatter arrows for crossbows. When the mini came out I emailed them about a mini for use on crossbow arrows like aluminum and they told me they were working on it and should be out either this winter or in the spring.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

CDN Taxman wrote:Do you need the helical or 4 degree offset for crossbow arrows? I have an EZ that's straight?

Other than plugging the bottom to account for the knock that isn't there, can I use straight vanes on a crossbow?

Mike
I've tried all three . . .the Helical does the best with fixed blade broadheads. The straight was OK for field tips, but, not so good with the Fixed blades. The 4 degree is just as good(I saw no big difference) as the Helical.

The smaller the vane, the more twist you need to get the spin. That is from a Bohning Techn. I can see where that makes sense.

**edit . ..one more thing . . .too much twist will kill your down range speed AND make your arrow noisy.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wabi

Post by wabi »

Might add that I kept the Arizona stored on a nail in the wall above my workbench. Bumped it one day and it fell on the bench and broke the part the arms attach to.
Called Arizona and explained what I did (my fault it broke) and asked if I could buy a replacement part. They insisted I mail the tool back to them to examine. A short time later I received a brand new tool in the mail.
Another company that believes in customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
wabi
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

wabi wrote:Might add that I kept the Arizona stored on a nail in the wall above my workbench. Bumped it one day and it fell on the bench and broke the part the arms attach to.
Called Arizona and explained what I did (my fault it broke) and asked if I could buy a replacement part. They insisted I mail the tool back to them to examine. A short time later I received a brand new tool in the mail.
Another company that believes in customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I've never had any trouble with either of mine but it's good to know they stand behind their product like that!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads