Alright all which bow Axiom or Phoenix?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Alright all which bow Axiom or Phoenix?

Post by DaveShooter »

I got the 200Lb Exocet but down the road wanna get another bow if nothing else as a back-up to my Exocet. Wouldn't own any other but Excal line of bows.
Never have nor do I think I will have an issue or problem with my 200-Exocet.Or should I just get me another 200-lb Exocet or an Exomax. Seems at 5'9 Icould cock the axiom or phoenix alot eaiser than my Exocet. 1" shorter in the power stroke or stock length. Gonna be used for Deer and maybe hog hunting. Thanks :D :D :D
SPITFIRE

Re: Alright all which bow Axiom or Phoenix?

Post by SPITFIRE »

No matter which one you choose as long as it is an excal you made the right choice :D I have the vortex and love it. Of course I perfer the thumb hole stock, it just feels great :lol:
I am a hunter and proud of it.
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

Go with the axiom and put a sts system on it,not a thumbhole stock person reaching over the top for the saftey in a tight situation can be costly less movement the better
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'd go with the Axiom.
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Out of the two: Axiom. great bow at a great price, BUT if i were looking for a fun bow for target practice that is very capable of taking big game animals it would be the vixen!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

they are the same xbow with different camo on them, both are 175# xbows :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

one shot scott wrote:Out of the two: Axiom. great bow at a great price, BUT if i were looking for a fun bow for target practice that is very capable of taking big game animals it would be the vixen!
X2

I have the Axiom and love it. As I understand it, the only difference between it and the Phoenix is that the Axiom doesn't have the dissipator pads and has a different camo pattern. The Axiom also comes with a scope that is designed especially for its velocity range. It's not a Varizone or Lumizone. I can tell you that once you get it zeroed at 20 yards, the chevrons will be on out to 50 yards, or at least mine are!!

I wouldn't have a problem taking my Axiom after anything that walked North America, including Bears.

I have pimped mine out with an STS system, cheek piece, Excal flemish string and sling. Just ordered the extended stock pieces and I'll try those when they get in. Yeah, it's a bad a$$ weapon!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Thanks for all the input. :D :D :D
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I currently own three, including a compound 'speed bow' but the Phoenix is the one I shoot the most. I just shoots. But then, the Vortex ain't too shabby either. :D Just a tad harder (on my 70 yr old back) to cock.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Cossack wrote:I currently own three, including a compound 'speed bow' but the Phoenix is the one I shoot the most. I just shoots. But then, the Vortex ain't too shabby either. :D Just a tad harder (on my 70 yr old back) to cock.
Sir I admire ya at 70 and still cocking that bow. My hats off to ya. Hope ya have a good deer season. :D :D :D
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Of all the xbows I own, my favorite is the VixenII. It is lighter, and as accurate and effective as any xbow made...a pure pleasure to shoot...I added a Wyvern top quiver mount, a Wyvern string and STS, and a 3 arrow quiver...
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Mister B wrote:Of all the xbows I own, my favorite is the VixenII. It is lighter, and as accurate and effective as any xbow made...a pure pleasure to shoot...I added a Wyvern top quiver mount, a Wyvern string and STS, and a 3 arrow quiver...
I bet that baby is easy to cock with it's over-all length of 13.5". Like I said I am about 5'9" The exocet 200 is pretty comfortable to me, just slightly longer to cock even though I did shorten up the cocking aid ropes which helped alot. I bet that bow is light to pack as well ya got....