Who want's Mike P back?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Who want's Mike P back???

Total votes: 0

DanO

Re: Who want's Mike P back?

Post by DanO »

I ALWAYS enjoyed his prose and pics. It's a shame this sort of thing happens but it isn't totally safe on any board. Hopefully he still checks the Board.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

OK I normally try and stay away from these types of postings because they usually just stir controversy and go bad. But I do want to give my opinion which may not go over well. We ALL have a choice to be here or not. Sometimes if you act bad enough that choice can be taken away from you. Mike, I'm guessing is choosing to leave on his own (again). The forum is made up of people using their own words for communication. Mike definitely has a remarkable gift of puting his words to print for us to visualize his stories. No one here does it better. But when it comes to controversy on a forum (and they all have it sooner or later) you have to choose to continue or not. That may come in the form of:

1. leaving the forum entirely.
2. Just to reply to and post what you want.
3. Or take on the controversy.

I think most of us fall in the #2 choice and I beleive that is the way it should be. There are those that thrive on choice #3. Not saying it is best but definitely makes things interesting at times. But very few I believe choose #1 completely as Mike.
For a person that is so good with words I have to believe he can continue here if he so chooses. But I don't know that a poll is necessary to try and get someone to stay or not. :?
Why ride when you can walk!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Im glad I dont know all the "behind the scenes" politics, but coming to the excaliur forum should be a pleasant experience. I visit often, but if everything I said resulted in a personal attack then I would'nt come here. Mike P has added nothing but positive things to this forum. I hope he finds it in his heart to stick around for the 98% of people who eagerly await his posts. Daily! Lately this place has felt more like archery talk or dare I say: CGN. We all need to practice some restraint when criticizing someone elses post. Unfortunatly its easy to be critical when not face to face.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Mike had sent around a very nice message on his last visit, a few of us got it and it was discussed privately.
Mike has a lot going for him, and I am fairly confident he will not be back, so much so that I also doubt he will ever read this.
The attacks that aimed at Mike are no doubt inspired by jealousy, he has offered this board nothing but support and entertainment. Matter of fact, the only time my wife reads on here is when Mike posts on of his awesome stories.
I am honestly surprised he returned after the first wave of insults, his posts were always a breath of fresh air.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

groundpounder wrote:OK I normally try and stay away from these types of postings because they usually just stir controversy and go bad. But I do want to give my opinion which may not go over well. We ALL have a choice to be here or not. Sometimes if you act bad enough that choice can be taken away from you. Mike, I'm guessing is choosing to leave on his own (again). The forum is made up of people using their own words for communication. Mike definitely has a remarkable gift of puting his words to print for us to visualize his stories. No one here does it better. But when it comes to controversy on a forum (and they all have it sooner or later) you have to choose to continue or not. That may come in the form of:

1. leaving the forum entirely.
2. Just to reply to and post what you want.
3. Or take on the controversy.

I think most of us fall in the #2 choice and I beleive that is the way it should be. There are those that thrive on choice #3. Not saying it is best but definitely makes things interesting at times. But very few I believe choose #1 completely as Mike.
For a person that is so good with words I have to believe he can continue here if he so chooses. But I don't know that a poll is necessary to try and get someone to stay or not. :?
I agree with a lot of what you said groundpounder. I would say we all know Mike P could pick #3, and make the problem few look very stupid. However the reason everyone wants him back is because he is such a class act. The man has a great gift of writing. He is the last guy I'd want to get into a war of words with. But his personality is even better than his gift of writing. He has choosen to be the stand up man that he is, and move on. He took the high road right out of town. In all fairness he tried #2, and that didn't work either. So leaving choice #1, and #3 he did the only thing a man like himself can do. Be himself. A true stand up man. Do I wish he still posted here everyday? YES! However given his choices I think he made the only choice HE could make.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Heck . . .this is suppose to be fun.

We are all different and take emotional hits differently. I take everything that's posted here with a dose of salt. Sometimes I'm very gulity of posting my first thoughts and after thinking about it, I see it was totally or in part wrong. Or more often than not, what I wrote didn't translate well on the computer.

It's tricky getting the emotional content on the computer screen.

Anyway, if Mike P. has gottened bullied off the forum, then that's wrong. Easy for me to say, "don't let them have the satisfaction Mike P". But, as I stated, some folks have a better tolerance for such things.

If Mike P. chooses to let a person or a small group run him off, then that's his choice. There are going to be disagreements. We will not agree on everything.
Some folks will stay through them. Others will leave.

When it's no longer fun, then it's time to go.

Let's have some fun and allow others to have fun too.

Group hug. :mrgreen:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I personally would like to know the details but if no one wants to share I can respect that.
I think leaving is the wrong choice JMO
There is more good members here than bad ignore the bad ones and enjoy the fun ones.
Tenpoint Matrix
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Well, being fairly new to the forum, I don't know the history or politics of why he left the first time. Nor do I want to know.

I will say that I enjoyed his stories to a point I started trying to find older stories of his on the forum. He's a true WordSmith and an unique person who adds way more to the forum with his postings. This forum will have a little less quality about it without his postings.

I for one would like to see him continue to post here.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I'm not up to speed on the why's and what's ?

Didn't think Mike was gone ? ... I just thought he was busy and didn't have time to post ?

I'm sure I just read a recent post from him , about a buck he and his wife were hunting ?
( BTW , did I miss something , did they get it ? )

Anyways .... I always look forward to his stories ( he has a way with words ! )

So welcome back , from the crew in my neck of the woods !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I liked Mike P and hes a self proclaimed redneck thats cool to me..Its just a dam shame that some folks are not forgiving, Not that Mike even did anything wrong worth mentioning--- yea I know what happen and you that did it know too. I say if youve never done wrong then maybe you have a stone or two to throw but i know better. It seems some folks think they are better than others and have a way of trying to eliminate others like said before due to circumstances that are out of there control..jealousy, disdain, self righteous attitudes or just plain idiots and on and on. Mike just seemed to not have time nor the want to deal with such childish behaviour. Im speaking from wisdom. Ive done wrong ive been falsly blamed we all have. Ive been forgivin as well. We need to treat others as we would like them to treat us that would take care of alot of B/S
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Mike P. is a stand-up guy in my books. It's a shame that his reputation was smeared by a few individuals. I've always enjoyed his stories.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Rich wrote:Mike P. is a stand-up guy in my books. It's a shame that his reputation was smeared by a few individuals. I've always enjoyed his stories.

I don't call DISRESPECT FOR A 7YR OLD GIRL A SMEAR, HE SHOWED HIS TRUE COLORS, I've been everything but run off of here, and I do have some say about this pic that he posted, my granddaughter was at the event, for those who think that pic had humor GET HELP, to me it's CHILD ABUSE, for those of you with small children and grandchildren think about? This is my last post here
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
lscha

Post by lscha »

What I know, or don't know about Mike P would not diminish the enjoyment I get out of his style of writing. I hate to think of all the laughs and cries that are taken away from me by his absence.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

All I have to say is that some have a knack to paint pictures with words and they do it well. Then I suppose there are times, for whatever reason, that they choose to take a short-cut, and just post a pic.

One must remember that the word is mightier than the sword and, it has been said that, a pic is worth a thousand words. That being the case, a pic speaks volumes, no mistake about it.

On the topic of, "to be or not to be"....back, the Lord gave man "free-will". I could start by saying, "Whether it be nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrow of outrageous fortune or to.....", but I digress. In reality that question is not for us to answer. Instead, it is for the concerned principals to decide.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Answered don't care either way but..... That's not really true. Would like him to come back, but only if he wants to. It is up to him and what ever makes him happy. To make someone do what they don't want to only turns to bitterness. My life moves forward requardless. :) :) May sound cold, but really it is not if one thinks about.