Hunting Blinds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CDN Taxman

Hunting Blinds

Post by CDN Taxman »

Went out last night. Seeing how I'm not seeing much, decided to try out a new area and have a hunting blind for just such an occasion. Found a nice spot and turned around to see a ladder stand nearby. Must be a good spot!

Nice sitting in these things as the wind doesn't chew through you but I have to say I really don't like the lack of a full vision. Nice open area and you're restricted to only a few holes.

Was going to leave the blind out there, but seeing how someone else is there I had to pack it back out. I don't think it's an archer, but someone getting ready for the shotgun hunt.

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Re: Hunting Blinds

Post by wheelie »

I never leave my blind out even on my private land. Don't want to spend another $200. if someone figures they need it more than me.
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Pick any style of hunting or hunting gear and you're going to have pros and cons. I don't have one but there are a number of popup blinds available that allow a 360 view. If I'm not mistaken these blinds are generally more expansive and larger than most other blinds. Have you given any of the open type ground blinds a try? I'll often use my "Undertaker" blind. It doesn't afford much if an wind protection but setup and breakdown is very quick and easy. Lots of times you'll stick with a treestand or popup blind in a spot that has perhaps gone cold but the trouble/hassle of moving keeps you there for the day.

Take care...
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've had good success from blinds and stands.
Both have limitations, and the restricted view from a blind at ground level can be intimidating after using a tree stand. I always feel like I may have had deer spook and back out that I never saw, but then I see a lot from my tree stand that I never have a shot opportunity at, anyway. :lol:

When the weather's warm & sunny I'll be up in my elevated perch, but let the wind blow and snow fly and you'll probably find me in my ground blind with a small heater and a cup of warm beverage. :shock:
Some days the hard part is deciding on whether coffee, tea, or hot chocolate fits the mood best. :wink:
wabi