Poachers!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Poachers!

Post by one shot scott »

The cops were searching my block for deer poachers using "high power rifles" in my neighbourhood a couple of days ago. I never did hear if they caught the buggers but I hope they did, because if I see them walking near my stand it could be a whole lot worse. :evil: This is a very residential area, they only alow shot gun or ML here and the season is not now! I may go by the name one shot scott, but after that one shot, its fists of fury scott!!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
agingcrossbower

Re: Poachers!

Post by agingcrossbower »

They better turn themselves in before you get to-um. :D
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

No amount of cowbell could save their sorry butts :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

one shot scott wrote:....fists of fury scott!!!
Alright - you got ME skerrret! :) :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I kid, but having some fools galavanting around without permission, and using high powered rifles when my house backs onto the woods gets to me a little. A couple of years ago there was a story in the local paper about some old girl who had a bullit go through her house. :shock: If they are dumb enough to use a tool that makes a big bang out of season then they are not likely smart enough to be sure of their backstop
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

I was hunting Friday night in Fergus, Ontario and was glassing three does @ 6:30 PM 200 yards out in a field when I heard two quick shots from a neighboring property? I had been out since 3:30 with out hearing anything, if I come across poachers I will be the first one to call the police as I always have a cell phone and a camera with me in the woods and a crossbow is no match for a firearm!

The deer did not flinch or acknowledge the gun shots and continued across the field well out of crossbow range munching left over beans.
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
piercer

Post by piercer »

from what I was told it some natives inthe area!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I wonder what made them think it was poachers? Hopefully they have been caught and dealt with by now.
I am out almost daily with my rifle, just a regular kind though, I haven't been able to find one of those high powered ones yet. :lol:

I think that it would be in the best interest of the hunting community to let hunters decide the fate of convicted poachers. Set the fines and or jail time, it sure would change things.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
secret

Post by secret »

The PGC here in Pa uses a "robo deer" to catch Poachers and road hunters. maybee you can take up a collection to buy your game officers one to catch these scum!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Up in Canader here we have robo Moose! We had alot of police cruisers set up on all the roads around the block, its good to see them out and enforcing, but all it takes is one mis-informed resident to hear a gun shot and this can happen. For all I know it was someone hunting geese, I think thats still in season, but things can get blown out of porportion pretty quick. Still, if it was indeed poachers its nice to have the boys out. High powered rifles is their words, not mine David :wink: I know you were kidding.

How did you hear that it was natives peircer?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

one shot scott wrote: High powered rifles is their words, not mine David :wink: I know you were kidding.
I knew it was their words when you used the quotations, I hate when they use words like that! Next thing they will tell people is that the poachers were driving a "tactical" minivan. :D
I hope they keep them way from your house, regardless of what they are shooting.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Sask Envoirment was talking on the radio. Lots of deer wasted and heads missing. Seems the illegal trade in antlers is still a big money maker.

They were commenting about it is hard on the gene pool of big whitetails. The Hanson Buck was accually bad for the deer population, to much publicily about Big WT.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

a man that borders the field that i hunt in behind my house took a shot a doe on the ground a few years ago with a shotgun missed and hit a house about 100 yards away. every year im warned to not use a shotgun in the field. some people ruin it all. on of the first things they teach you is "know you target and beyond"
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
fdegurse

Post by fdegurse »

I'm not saying they are or are not poachers but they could be coyote hunting. I had two coyotes come in on me yesterday morning and I've been wondering why I haven't seen many deer in this one spot. I've got an itch to take my 243 out and let em have it.

just saying don't get too excited. I know I heard some big rifles sounding off 2weeks ago as guys the next block over sighted in their rifles for moose hunting. and this week we will be sighting in our muzzle loaders.

Some guys just like to shoot their rifles at targets,...

Now if I saw high power flashlights and then a rifle go off = poachers
Frank and a 2005 Exomax
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I caught a segment of a hunting show the other day. The dude was hunting some private ground in Illinois. All of a sudden, he starts yelling "You'd better run!"

The camera cuts over and shows some guy with a rifle (couldn't tell if it was a high powered one or low powered one :wink: ) running across the field. He had slipped in on this private property and had pulled down on the Host's deer decoy! Before he could shoot, the Host or his Cameraman spotted him and started hollering.

This is in Illinois, where I believe they do not allow any type of deer hunting with rifles. And even if they do, they certainly don't allow it in bow season!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4