9pt down(nothing huge)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

9pt down(nothing huge)

Post by crazyfarmer »

Made the typical boo boo today hunting this morning. I had this guy come in very early in the morning to within 7 yards of my stand chasing a doe. I made a quick judgement and took the shot. I thought he had slightly more mass. He's still a good buck but not one of the ones I'm after. It just goes to show you that no matter how long you hunt you can judge them all perfectly correct. He's 19inches wide and a 5x4. 2.5 year old buck. He's still going to taste good in the frying pan. I still have 2 more buck tags to fill and they will get bigger :lol: :lol:

Just feels good getting one on the ground after 23 days of season. He only went 30 yards after the shot with the 3 blade rage. I didnt clean the blood up since he's no beast but he is still a good typical Va buck 8)

Now its time to get very picky...;)

Here are a few pictures from this morning..

look out bucks.. this guy will be ready next season!
one shot scott

Re: 9pt down(nothing huge)

Post by one shot scott »

42 veiws and no replies, so I will be the first. Congratulations Cf, thats a damn nice buck! Dont downplay it, nothing to be ashamed of!! even if theres bigger roaming your forest. Heck if I had one like that infront of me I'd likely do something stupid and shoot my thumb :wink: :lol:

Your boy in camo next to the deer is a great picture! Thats something to hang on the wall!
Last edited by one shot scott on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

yeah with two more buck tags get one in da fridge....congrats on a fine looking buck....chit with the size of PA we only get one buck a year.......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
weezy

Post by weezy »

Dang he's nice.He looks alot wider than 19.Rack has an nice color to it too.I would have took him in a heartbeat.
Last edited by weezy on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Ahhhh, CF . . .you went and shot next year's wall hanger this year. I'm planning on doing the same thing when I get the chance. :twisted:

Good looking pictures. You almost got a grin going on there.

You son is growing, next year he may be shooting your trophies. :)

Good looking buck, I don't care what you say. :mrgreen:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Good going CF! Glad to see you finally pull the trigger on one, I know it's been a long dry spell for ya. That's a nice buck to break the ice with :D
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

crazyfarmer wrote: I didnt clean the blood up

Reminds me . . .I was driving home this a.m. from some errands around 11 a.m. A young deer had been hit by a green Ford Mustang. So, there I am, in a traffic jam. I get to the scene of the crime . . .there lays the deer, 50 yards ahead the car is pulled over. A line of traffic for over a mile. Must have happened within 15-20 minutes. It's busy that time of day around this shopping area.

Anyway, there's already 15 ravens at the site taking care of business. As I drove by, one big raven took a bite out of one eye. The others had started on the butt cheeks.

I know, it's a ugly scene . . .none the less, I had to chuckle. . .there had to be 100 kids with PETA parents passing by this scene. I knew the city crowd wasn't enjoying nature at it's finest. Probably some nightmares going on right now.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Congrats on that buck. The thing that confused you on the disproportionate size was due to that whole Time Space Continuum thing.....Well, whatever, I would've still shot it. :lol: :lol:

My oldest son will be 4yrs of age before fall hunt of next year. I'm hoping to take him with me to sit in a Rhino blind that I recently picked up here on the forum. I'll just have to wait and see how patient he'll by next fall. :roll:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on taking a nice deer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I like it! :D
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

CONGRATS!!
The best things in life are not things!!
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Congrats CF!
Crispy
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
secret

Post by secret »

Congrats!!!!! .... Keep them coming!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Just feels good to break the ice after a few weeks. I'm not downplaying him by any means. I'm very happy with him and as said I'm thinking about putting the picture of my son up beside his board mount when I get that finished. Bucks are finally moving good here. Everyone says a full moon is bad timing but I love it. Mornings are unreal on a full moon. The bigger deer still are not moving during daylight any here. Next weeks highs will be in the 80s so that will slow things down a bit. Onething about the area I got this one is that 2 clubs hunt it later on with dogs so his chances would have been slim anyway. He's still a very good buck for our area out here. I know my son was thrilled over him and wants to go again now. I see myself buying a lot of double stands this spring now hahah...

Thanks again everyone!