nikon 10x42 monarch ATB vs leupold 10x42 cascada

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

nikon 10x42 monarch ATB vs leupold 10x42 cascada

Post by crazyfarmer »

I have the nikon 10x36 monarchs which have been great. I'm so picky though I'm craving the extra 20ft I can gain and better low light the 42s will pull in. I use my binos A LOT so they are very important to me and get used all day long. The leupold is a very good product but its 399 while the Nikons are 319. Does anyone have or use the casacada(sp) from leupold and if so how do you like them. My nikons have fogged up before but its rare. I know nikon makes good glass and there new 42s have a different coating on them. The leupolds magnify 16 ft more over the nikons also. Yes, I'm picky;)
agingcrossbower

Re: nikon 10x42 monarch ATB vs leupold 10x42 cascada

Post by agingcrossbower »

Crazyfarmer;
Have you ever tried Zen-ray optics. I listened in on the conversations about optics on the Archerytalk. com website and they beat the higher end optic like Vortex, and leupold etc. for a faction of the cost. I bought a pair of 7x42 ED2 for 375.00 which is their top of the line. The field of view is [email protected] their 8x42 summit which are their mid line are 205.00 with free shipping and the 10x42 are 215.00. I bought the 7x36's in the ED2 because their only made in the line. I have ordered for my friend eight 8x42 and 10x42 after they took a look at mine. You ca't tell the differents in the mid to the top of the line as far as clarity goes. They are unbelievable. They are sort of a secret to the hunting world but the bird watchers love them. It even made the vortex bino's come down in price. Here is the website. http://www.zenray.com/ Good Luck. you won't be sorry you bought them. Aging Ps. If you buy them and hate them I will buy them from you and sell them in a heartbeat. :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i can get the cascadas from a local dealer for 299.99 so it shows the markup on them at the bigger dealers

aging, ill check out those others. Ive just always been a leupold and nikon fan though :lol:
deer nut

Post by deer nut »

I have the leupold cascade binos and i really like them. They are very clear and crisp are good in low light.The only thing i don't like they are a little heavy and big.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I have used both. I use the nikon monarch for my work and I just purchased the leupold cascadas for myself. The Monarch were $350 and the Cascadas were $289. Both are good binos. I purchase the leupolds because Cabela's had them on sale and the were comparable to the monarch that I had used before. I would read the reviews on Cabela's site for yourself. I would recommend the Leupold's. To me they feel lighter and they are clearer and crisper. The only down fall of the Cascada's are the lens covers. They are cheap compared to the covers on the monarchs. You can't go wrong with either of these binos.
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

I know that everyone has a budget to work with,but sometimes you can be penny wise and dollar foolish.Minox makes Bino`s that are comparable to Zeiss ,Swarovskis,Lieca any of the great glass made today.You can pick up a pair of demonstrators for $450.00.This is the best money you will ever spend.A lot of these Bino`s have never been out of the Box and have a full warranty.i have nothing to do with this Cameraland,but these are great people to deal with and I buy all my Optics from them.Check them out.Click on Demos & Samples ask for Doug.
http://www.cameralandny.com/
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!