don,t blame broad head

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

don,t blame broad head

Post by masboy »

iv,e found if you don,t have good strait ,same weight , right foc ,right, spining arrow you can,t expect good accuracy with any broadheads. i found mine 2114 super slams 110 gr. brass insert, 2inch blazers off set 4 degrees best arrow i,ve tested,crossbows not going to shoot any better than the arrow your useing . most broadheads shoot good on the right arrow .mine seemsto shoot all 1oo gr. heads good.with this arrow. shot some of my best groups at 50yds. with bolt cutter broadheads on fire bolts .shooting same arrow.right arrow for the gr. tip youwant to use and most broads heads will fly good.been reading a lot of target sites .they said what i learned the hard way no two arrows shoot the same place exc .like me they say super slams the way to go for accuracy. i mite try some 2117 and 125,150 gr. heads see how they do with right foc. good luck if you buy at store and screw on broadheads.for that excalbur done there home work .don,t think you can beat firebolts and bolt cutters.
bob1961

Re: don,t blame broad head

Post by bob1961 »

i had to ditch the fire bolts and bolt cutters that came with my exocet 200, couldn't get them to fly worth a darn from it....wound up with 2117 XX75 camo hunters, 110 gr brass inserts with two 25 gr screw on weights topped with slick trick 125 gr mags....rear of my arrow only have 25 gr of weight with 2" blazers and trimmed down alum insert as nock, nock is 7 gr and 3 blazer vanes are 18 gr....that gives me a 55o gr arrow with 21.6 % FOC........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
DEPUTY

Post by DEPUTY »

Instead of all that go with the rage expandables. :lol:
Barnett Quad 400
22" carbon shafts with vane
125 grain 2 blade rage broadhead
Missin

Post by Missin »

bob1961 wrote:trimmed down alum insert as nock, nock is 7 gr....

Why oh why have you not mentioned this before :x :D

Where abouts are you cutting the insert? Pics would be great!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

DEPUTY wrote:Instead of all that go with the rage expandables. :lol:
after you lost a deer to a rage, um no thanks :lol: ....i'll stick to what works :wink: ....are you going hunting this week, if so call me, i'm ready for deer number 2 with my slick tricks :lol: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

Missin wrote:
bob1961 wrote:trimmed down alum insert as nock, nock is 7 gr....

Why oh why have you not mentioned this before :x :D

Where abouts are you cutting the insert? Pics would be great!
i'm not sure how long i make them and don't have any picture's sorry....i have a dremel with an flex arm that i mount in a vice with a cut off wheel....then i chuck up the base on the inserts that go into the arrow shaft in my cordless drill and spin them against the running dremel cut off wheel at bout 1/4" to 3/8"....but i have the dremel wheel set in the vice so that the flange of the insert in the drill rests against the end of my vice jaw so i get all the inserts cut to the same size....if your confused by this explanation i will post a thread with picture's within a week as i need to make a new supply of nocks :wink: just let me know if you need to see pictures still.......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I shoot 2215s with aluminum inserts in both ends and 2" Blazers at 4° helical.
1" groups at 25 yards with 100 grain G-5 Montecs, Wac'Em Exits, and several mechanicals.
The new Magnus Snuffers look like they will shoot good groups, too.
wabi