the fire is gone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NewGuy

Re: the fire is gone

Post by NewGuy »

My fire was starting to go out and i almost stayed in bed this morning, Being the last hunt i could do for the controlled i got up and went out. After a few minutes in the stand something was out in front of me but it was way too dark to see it, that started the fire going again. Then just after legal shooting time a nice sized doe presented me an opportunity to take a shot. The fire is for sure going again. I can't wait to get back out there with the bow now. Just remember it only takes a second for one to show up. And that may be all it takes to get things going for you.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

We lost the larger of our two local farms this year to a new tenant. :? Haven't seen a deer yet on the little farm we are still hunting. I'm finding that the spark comes and goes with the hormones these days. lol Am hoping some rifle hunting next week will fan the flames. :D

Am headed out in a couple of minutes to hunt the last bit of light. Look for the bright orange blob in the tree. :lol:
Last edited by VixChix on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
8up

Post by 8up »

I had the same problem this year and barely went out. Then last friday I took dad's Vortex out and saw 4 different bucks. 1 spike one small 8 and an 8 with 12" g2's and a bigger one following him. I have worked hard all week to get everything out of the way. MZ season opens tomorrow and I will be back in the same tree and 60yds won't keep him alive this time :D These were the 2 biggest deer I have ever seen in the woods. Get out there and catch fire.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

:shock: :shock:

Suddenly I have the urge to go buy a compound bow :D :D
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

My "urge" to hunt is relentless. If I could afford it I would hunt daily. Without the pressure of trying to "git er done" in a couple of days. To say I love hunting is really an understatement.

I may not post daily, but this forum(hunting) is a daily ritual. It keeps me in the outdoors even when I am not.

Sliver, I hope your fire rekindles itself. You loved this pursuit for a number of years, what has changed??
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Ken - just checked out the link you posted and my first response was "HOW AWESOME"!!!!!!!! I get over-the-moon excited when I hear about women wanting to get out in the woods! Please pass on my congratulations to the gals for getting out and into it! :)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.