the fire is gone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sliver

the fire is gone

Post by Sliver »

For years I would get all excited come hunting season,,, could not wait to get out there. Then I got a crossbow and joined this forum WOW, the information I obtained from certain members , that just got the fire burning even more. Well this year is a whole new situation. Off for the next two weeks on holidays, and I do not even have the desire to get out.. no fire in the pit of my stomach. nothing :? I forced myself to go do a sit last night.... It just does not feel like fun anymore, I don't know why? but I really hope that changes.. someday....

Good luck to all this season

Take care
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
vixenmaster

Re: the fire is gone

Post by vixenmaster »

I sure hope the spark ignites a barn-fire. I been hunting these Tick Toters fer 48 yrs & still ain't got enuff of it!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

I know some folks in your position. Most of them are disgruntled from having property stolen (cameras, blinds, stands) or dealing with people just walking anywhere they please. Many of them think it's just not worth it anymore to go through all the hassle.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I sure hate to hear that. Hope you get that fire back. I can't imagine not hunting and enjoying it. My problem is that I enjoy all types of hunting but there isn't enough time to hunt everything I want!

I know you may have already tried this, but maybe change the type of weapon you use and make your hunting more challenging? For example, take up traditional archery and limit your shots to no further than 20 yards. Or only hunt mature bucks, etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

You need to down one. The adrenaline kick of having one in the crosshairs with re-ignite the fire.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wabi

Post by wabi »

one shot scott wrote:You need to down one. The adrenaline kick of having one in the crosshairs with re-ignite the fire.
Sounds like good advice! :wink:
wabi
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I hope whatever you have isn't contagious... :?
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sorry to hear that the fire is dying. Maybe give it a couple more cracks and seeing a deer or putting the crosshairs on one will get that fire roaring again!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

My season starts in September. I get the same way after Thanksgiving. By then I am just burnt out. I have the fire burning again after the holidays.

Nothing rekindles the fire to go hunting like hitting one (or two) with your vehicle. :lol:

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
frisky

Post by frisky »

My fire isn't as hot as it once was. Could you and I have the same problem? Old age! :lol:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Maybe try a new area. I hunted area 84 for 10 years. Over the years the orange army moved in & even though we had permission harrased us & more or less forced my group to seek other areas. I have discoverd better deer hunting closer to home in area 92 & have no desire to go to 84 for the Rifle hunt anymore.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
M&M

Post by M&M »

one way to get the fire back is to take a new hunter under your wing, teach a kid how to hunt it is very rewarding seeing theyre excitement when they have success and you get to share that with them
M&M
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Sorry to hear that; I am 50 years and my fire is burning hotter that it did when I was 20 and it was way out of control back then... :shock: .. hope all comes back;
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Sliver...I think I've found something to get your fire back. You just need one of these and I'm sure you'll be raring to go hunting again....If this doesn't get your fire going...I'm afraid nothing will :wink: :wink: :twisted:

Srsly, I hope you're feeling better!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

M&M wrote:one way to get the fire back is to take a new hunter under your wing, teach a kid how to hunt it is very rewarding seeing theyre excitement when they have success and you get to share that with them
Great idea M&M.....and if that don't work OkXbowhunter may be on to something!! :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads