Trail Camera Stolen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hazmat

Trail Camera Stolen

Post by Hazmat »

We had a Cuddie back trail camera stolen this week in Fergus, Ontario :evil:

Wednesday we counted 19 people hunting there and I know that they all did not have permission to be on the property so we hunted another property near by.

Trespass hunting is not cool :evil:

Hunters stealing from other hunters is not cool :evil:

If somebody wanted to borrow the camera I would have lent it to them, I have spoken with the land owner and next year we will be inviting the MNR to attend the property in order to deal with trespassers :D
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
bigsy

Re: Trail Camera Stolen

Post by bigsy »

that really sucks every time I put equipment out I wonder if it will be there when I come back, it seems that just plain vandalism is rampant this year as well. just sucks that with all the pressure from outside groups ares does this crap to ourselves :(
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
ch312

Post by ch312 »

this is my first season using a trail camera and i fully expect it to get stolen. i figure if i already consider it gone, i wont be as mad when it does go missing.

there are 3-4 other hunters that use this bush and i know where all of their stands are, but id hate to get payback on the wrong guy. you almost need to have a trail cam setup to watch your main trail camera to identify thieves.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's a bummer to hear man! :(
I'd like to put one up where I hunt but won't because even though it's private property I worry that it will get stolen. Others have had stands taken in the past. :evil:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
secret

Post by secret »

Welcome to the club!!!! 6 cameras 2 ladderstands 1 lockon treestand ......from my point of view your still ahead!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hazmat wrote:We had a Cuddie back trail camera stolen this week in Fergus, Ontario :evil:

Wednesday we counted 19 people hunting there and I know that they all did not have permission to be on the property so we hunted another property near by.

Trespass hunting is not cool :evil:

Hunters stealing from other hunters is not cool :evil:

If somebody wanted to borrow the camera I would have lent it to them, I have spoken with the land owner and next year we will be inviting the MNR to attend the property in order to deal with trespassers :D
The trouble with trail cameras is that they are more likely to be stolen then any other hunting equipment just because they contain Evidence of more then likely a CRIME. This is why I only recommend IR trail cameras. Just think of a poacher at night, they see a white flash from the camera, then they have to take the camera just so the MNR or Police do not get a picture of them committing a crime. Even trespassers, if they came across a camera, if they see the camera, more then likely they have had their picture taken, to get rid of that evidence they must get rid of the camera.

Not too likely but I hope you can get it back.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Hopefully some company can put a GPS locater in the cams or one that can be attached to gear.

Same with laptops and other stuff. My kids have had IPods stolen and it is a rude lesson, but low lifes abound.

Sask just passed a new trespass law, one with teeth. So getting permission is a must. If you are asked to leave a house, land, etc once and you don't make an effort to leave, you will get arrested. Period.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
DanO

Post by DanO »

Sorry to hear about that Hazmat. It was nuts up here last week. :( I saw more OPP in the back country than I've ever seen. I'm sure their phones were ringing with trespassers. It sucks when you have gone to the effort to get permission and to keep permission (takes effort). I noticed the same crap the last week of turkey hunting in the spring. :roll: Guys everywhere in the area. I'm going to wear orange when I move around during the late turkey season.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

Hey bugs
No worries about our coyote club.We've got a good group of guys/gals however i cant comment on the other gang that chases coyotes out your way.
Rob
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

I headed down to hunt a stand I had not visited since last January only to find someone else needed more than I did :evil: I just cant understand why other hunters feel the need to steal other hunters stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I have found you put a lock on your stuff it only keeps an honest person honest . A thief will steal it anyways . :?
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

We got got a picture of someone stealing the other camera, alas can't make out lic no. Should come out with some indelible purple powered that spreads across hands of thieves....that can only be removed by CUTTING THEM OFF!
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I hunt public close to my home sometimes. It's archery only and there are a few people who hunt it. Public land is one reason I have a few of those $50 Tasco camera's from Wal-Mart. Since I tend to hunt the nastiest, thickiest recesses of public land, I don't have a lot of problems with thieves, although I've had a few stands stolen in the past.

These cheapo trail cameras are not the greatest camera's on the market, but it beats nothing at all IMHO. I simply use them to confirm what I already suspect about an area or to help me tweak a stand location.

Sure, you'll get the blackouts for no reason or pictures like this one...

But then again, you'll also get pics like this

Not bad for a $50 camera. And if it get's stolen, I at least know other people are in the same specific area. Who knows, maybe you'll find out a few of these live in the deep darkest corners of your local Public hunting spot...

Of course, if you want to put out your $200 Trail Camera on Public land, go ahead. I save those for the Private property I hunt :)
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4