still hunting hard

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

still hunting hard

Post by crazyfarmer »

Im not sure whats going on here but we just dont have the deer like we did last year. Im not seeing the deer numbers as last year as far as doe go. I really think the drought and unsual snow totals we has this spring put a hurting on them.

Bucks are chasing here but the bigger deer have the doe bedded and wont move unless they do. A few friends have taken decent deer(a few 4.5 year olds). Congrats to all those that have taken fine deer. I enjoyed listening to a family of coyotes howl yesterday afternoon. First time I have ever heard them in our area. Those will be on the hitlist later or if one wonders by now even. I have my sights on 2 deer still. They just like teasing me on camera at 8pm through 3am still.

best of luck to all... back to the woods I go in a few hours :lol:
VixChix

Re: still hunting hard

Post by VixChix »

I could stay home this season and see just as many deer as I saw last year! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
PABOWDUDE60

Post by PABOWDUDE60 »

I'm having the same problem here with does. I'm not seeing them. This morning I had a beautiful 10 point with split brow tines come into 12 yds. :shock: Too bad I already ate mt buck tag with my 7 pointer. My son in law had a coyote sneak in on him about 7:30 this morn and then started barking at him. Needless to say he didn't see a thing. I know if i get a shot at one he's going down!! I think they are scaring the does with fawns out of our area. This wasn't the same yote I have on my trail cam.That makes 4 bucks bigger than the one I shot already ,that have been in my crosshairs under 30yds since last thursday. I guess I should of let him pass ??!! :lol:
09 Exomax
Lumizone
Boo String
Ground Pounder Mount
Crazy Farmer Alum Camo Arrows With Bolt Cutter BHs
2016 Bull Dog 400 diablo bolts bolt cutters
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

PABOWDUDE60 wrote:I guess I should of let him pass ??!! :lol:
You just never know... Ive let about 15 different bucks walk so far and out of those I know 6 have been shot by different hunters LOL. Its the hunting game.. but if one of those makes it till next year and comes by then its all worth it.

deer movement is just slim to none right now compared to last season
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

crazyfarmer wrote:
PABOWDUDE60 wrote:I guess I should of let him pass ??!! :lol:
deer movement is just slim to none right now compared to last season
Obviously, your reputation precedes you and the Deer are just too terrified to move in the daylight hours!! :shock: :D

Srsly, here's hoping you finally get one of those Big Uns on your hit list!!!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
masboy

Post by masboy »

same here ln pa. not seening any doe now .my sons killed a buck each last evening but i havn,t seen but two small doe last two days.
redeye

Post by redeye »

Hang in there,I was wondering if the bucks had dissapeared and one came out cruising today and went home with me this morning.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I've only seen 5 deer the past 4 days. Compared to 10-12 per day in October. A friend killed a droptine buck 300 yards from my house that appeared from nowhere. He had moved in from across the creek so they are roaming. Mainly all big buck movement is at night here.
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

CF and all others;

We are having the WORST drought ever recorded here in N.E. Arkansas; has not rained in 5 months, that's right...5 months.... all deer are moving at night; have hunted as hard as I ever did and have yet to kill a deer; all ponds are dried up, ALL food plots...worthless...nothing has come up; I have over 100 acres of food plots (combined) and nothing is up at all; temps are still close to 80 everyday; right now as I post, it's 79 degrees;

But hopefully things will change soon; it must...long range forecast is calling for a big cool down... :D ...hope to see deer soon; The freezer is empty and so the first deer(legal of course) will be in trouble; CF, I know what kind of hunter you are, so hang in there and it will happen; to all others, good luck on the rest of your season.
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Xbow
Dang I wish I could send some rain your way. Today We were working in the rain that turned to snow. Have not seen many whitetail moving up here, Sunday was about 70 degrees, today well just freezing.

About noon Did see a nice doe as we went to a different work site. But all that area is posted no hunting. ( They know how to read).

Good luck
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!