Sunday Gun Hunting ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spitfire125

Sunday Gun Hunting ?

Post by spitfire125 »

This question is directed to southern ontario hunters. I hunt in WMU 90 , my township or municipality does not allow gun hunting on sundays. Would you go hunting tomorrow (Nov 8 sunday) with your EXCAL? Help me out ive checked, the regulations but nothin is clearly stated. The regulations say the controlled gun hunt runs from Nov 1 - Nov 7????????
wheelie

Re: Sunday Gun Hunting ?

Post by wheelie »

yes you can hunt with a bow. my area never closes for bow. Townships have it for noise not for bowhunting. WMU 82B but we do have Sunday Hunting. 82A that doesn't have Sunday hunting I can still hunt with a bow. Hope this is what you are asking
Last edited by wheelie on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spitfire125

Post by spitfire125 »

thanks for your input, just wish they could post that kind of stuff in the regs
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Last post was right to, just wasn't exaclly sure what you are asking.
spitfire125

Post by spitfire125 »

but can i hunt deer with a bow, the regs say the controll hunt runs from nov 1 to nov 8?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Maybe wron and I would say no. . Looked in the regs and bow is not listed. Go to page 62 in regs. Pydpiper would be the one to ask, he is in your area
buzz

Post by buzz »

I would say no. My brother hunts unit 87, they can not gun hunt on sunday, and the regs say you can start bow hunting on Nov 8.
Page 59 of regs. This rule really tics him off. I guess this gives the deer a day of rest Ha Ha. :roll:
spitfire125

Post by spitfire125 »

i did see that but it doesnt make sense to close a season for one day
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

You can bow hunt your WMU for deer, technically it is still the controlled in that area but with the absence of shotguns the bows are allowed back in.
Ministries words were "you can, but we don't recommend it." Whatever the heck that means.
Waterfowl is also extended in that WMU to make up for the days lost in absent Sundays.
Having said that, I do not know about the "orange" part, forgot to ask.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

SEEMS LIKE NOTHING OUR LAWMAKERS DO MAKES ANY SENSE :shock: :shock: Here they open the duck season and close the goose season, then they open the goose season and close the duck season,DUH :evil: It's getting so you don't want to hunt waterfowl any more. But they are still bitching about to many geese. I can't figure it out. :? Does anybody know a method to there madness???
I am a hunter and proud of it.
spitfire125

Post by spitfire125 »

thanks so much pydpiper thats all i want to hear im going bow huntin in the mornin
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

If your WMU is a controlled hunt then it is closed to BOW hunting until monday. if you read the regs it will say your bow season is from oct 1st to 31st and nov 8th till dec 31st.
which means you can not hunt with a bow until monday.
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
Bones

Post by Bones »

Would it be safe to say yes to bow hunting today ( sun. ) provided that your township has no sunday gun hunting. They include sunday in the reg.s because more and more townships are opening up sunday gun's.... safety thing. where I live there is no sunday gun's but in Wilmot twnsp. our group ( NWTF chapter ) got sunday gun's implemented so I would be steering clear of there today. on the MNR web site it lists all the townships that have sunday gun's.

Bones
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am just passing on information that was given to me by the C.O. a year or two ago.
Your regulation summary is just that a "summary" it is by no means the bottom line when it comes to the fish and wildlife act.
If you have questions about our regulations it is best to ask a C.O., they are the ones you will be talking to in the Field. Again, if you are concerned then email me and I will get you in touch with the C.O. there.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »