ACORN RAGE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Brampton Mike

ACORN RAGE

Post by Brampton Mike »

:roll: :roll: :roll: Don't waste your money on this CRAP...hell even the squirrels and chipmunks turned their noses up at it ;) I hear it did attract half a dozen coons at another stand last week!

PS: outdoors_al there are acorn trees around the area it was used in!
Last edited by Brampton Mike on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
OkXbowHunter

Re: ACORN RAGE

Post by OkXbowHunter »

That's the thing about attractants. They work for some people, for others they don't. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason why.

My Cousin and his two Sons have taken 6 deer so far this year, including two decent 8 pointers, and everyone over Acorn Rage. They killed 11 last year. Everyone of them over Acorn Rage. This year they're also experimenting with that Acorn hanging block.

Many times I think it has to do with how many other people in the area use a certain attractant. For example, if Wal-Mart sells a lot of a certain type of attractant or lure, and Deer become used to getting shot at whenever they come into these popular scent/lure products, then the dumb ones will die shortly and the survivors will wise up and stop coming to it.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
outdoors_al

Post by outdoors_al »

i'll start by saying that i'm not an expert :) just keep in mind if you are huntin a corn or bean field or a bush with no acorns, acorn rage probably isn't going to work for you. if i'm in a corn field, my bait pile is corn, if i'm in a bush with apple trees, my bait pile is apples. if you put something down and its out of place, the deer will know it. we're out there when we can be, the deer are out there 100% of the time, we won't notice if something sticks out, but the deer will! just my two cents, good luck!
curtisgreen110683

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

The drop N block is a big sticky joke, it won't drop and nothing has touched it. But you don't know til you try right?
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
LUDDY

Post by LUDDY »

I've been using Acorn Rage all year with much success but were I hunt there is alot of oak trees dropping acorns I also use the Drop-n-Block and the deer pawl the ground like crazy so I guess you have to use the right attractant in the right area.

John
2010 Ibex
Groundponder Mount
Firebolts
G5 montecs
Varizone scope
S5 string stop

Remember life is short take somebody hunting
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Now don't get me wrong here yall...if u want to use an attractant or hunt over bait,if it's legal and it works for you...Have at it!!!
It's just that I'm so SICK of these so called huntin celeb's craming their stuff down my throat I could scream!!! :evil:
If you want to be MORE sucessful use this or use that! Arghhhhh!!!!
Ijust hunt them over what god has blessed them with...try to keep the wind in my face...and hope lady luck smiles on me!!
GOOD HUNTING!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
wabi

Post by wabi »

georgiaboy wrote:Now don't get me wrong here yall...if u want to use an attractant or hunt over bait,if it's legal and it works for you...Have at it!!!
It's just that I'm so SICK of these so called huntin celeb's craming their stuff down my throat I could scream!!! :evil:
If you want to be MORE sucessful use this or use that! Arghhhhh!!!!
Ijust hunt them over what god has blessed them with...try to keep the wind in my face...and hope lady luck smiles on me!!
GOOD HUNTING!! :D
Sounds like my opinion. :lol: :lol:

Luckily where I hunt corn is a common crop and my feeder (legal here for deer) works just fine. I've tried a lot of other things (oats, apples, pumpkins, "deer corn" w/molasses, and attractant blocks) and it did not interest the deer at all.

A plain old salt block and plain old corn in the feeder has been drawing them in for years now, but this time of year when the ground is covered in acorns (as it is this year) even the feeder gets few visitors. :roll:
wabi