Not seeing anything!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frisky

Re: Not seeing anything!

Post by frisky »

Keep- going out. That last corn field is full of deer, wait till it comes down. :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
secret

Post by secret »

Bugs, If you happen to own a mountain bike....tie a rope on the seatpost[about 7'] then wearing rubber gloves tie a heavy scentfree rag on rope...soak with does estrus....Put in ziploc bag ..strap it under seat....take a ride over to the deer.....drop on ground... start peddling back home towards your hunting spot....make hudge figure 8 infront of stand... they will come....my friend taught me this trick.....works like a champion.
Last edited by secret on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Just keep putting in the work...sooner or later it will pay off!! My motto is "NEVER GIVE UP !!" I know it sounds corny,but it get's me through when all I'm doing is bird watching! :)
Drought is killin us here in s.e. Georgia! I aint seen a critter in three wks!
Good Luck!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Hang in there! All it takes is 1 deer to come thru and things will happen for you! :D
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I have been having the same problem......... :roll:

That is a cool trick secret!!!
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I will send a few of my tick Toters on up there fer the Holidays
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gogo

Post by gogo »

Same here in our hunting spot, they seemed to have vanished. About 2 miles west of us there are bucks all over the place, scrapes and rubs galor. Going to have to figure out why we can't see any on our hunting grounds, looks like its time to do some investigating.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

It seems that its that time in the rut where the buck is laying low with the doe. Soon they will start trolling and maybe then a person can connect. :)
DanO

Post by DanO »

I've started hunting water again. It's so dry in Ontario that the deer are moving to water on a regular basis throughthe day, just like they do in early Oct. I started sitting on the ground next to a local river and I've seen more deer as a result.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I'm not seeing anything either, but, my cameras say they are there.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

It's easy to get frustrated. With every outing there is the expectation things will go as we had planned. Of course this doesn't happen(for most of us). Confidence in the spot you have selected to sit/watch certainly helps. But also the willingness to move to a new location, if possible, can make the difference between an empty freezer and a full one.

A typical day of hunting for myself starts with a sit in a stand where the wind is best suited, followed by a few hours of scouting, then an afternoon hunt. My scouting might suggest an alteration in stand locations for both an evening and morning sit.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Anybody want me to post a few more pictures of the deer I've seen? :)

Went out today and saw nothing. I hunt on a public property of some 1300 acres. However, only about half of that is property that you can actually walk on. Swamps and thicket make up the rest.

I've only seen three deer. However, there have been more deer killed already this year than all of last year. I was talking to some guys that have missed more than I've seen, so, the deer are in there. As I was leaving today a guy came out and said he had hit one and needed help tracking. So, we went back in after it. After two miles of tracking, we lost the trail. We'll look again tomorrow. However, the coyotes are so bad in there, I doubt we will find any leftovers.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Many times at this point in the year, the Does smarten up and hang tight to nasty cover if they've been hammered any at all. Then, to top it off, Bucks may pair up with a Doe that is about to come into heat and keep her coraled in thick cover until she is ready to breed.

Total all this up and it can lead to a decrease in Deer sightings. But this all depends on the Deer numbers in your area, the weather and the stage of Rut.

It has been in the 70's here the last week or so, with today hitting 78. Not to mention the high winds. All this tends to keep the Deer movement to a minimum during the daylight hours.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4