Rumor! (Vixen's)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowholic

Re: Rumor! (Vixen's)

Post by xbowholic »

That's it; ordering a vixen 2 tomorrow; can't have you guys "out-killin" me on deer.... :lol:
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The only reason I haven't gotten a deer yet with my Exomax is I'm waiting for the perfect shot. Sure, any old fool with a lite weight crossbow can shoot a deer. I want to get four deer at a time. Got to get my limit here in Ga with just three shots. Trying to save a little money. :wink: Times are tough.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

gerald strine wrote:All this hoopla is a waste of time if you ask me. The bows we have decide to buy/hunt with are the correct bows for our self .
What I desire in a bow may not be what is important to you but is is for me so I have the correct bow for me, and I could care less if your needs are different than mine.
If easy handling is the most important to you get a Vixen.
If a flat trajectory and Elk , Moose , Brown bear hunting may be in your future you would be better served with a higher poundage bow.
I do not need to here that a Vixen can kill a moose every one knows it can but I do not feel that it would my first choice if i had a higher poundage bow available.
Vixen owners we are happy for you you do not need to defend your choice.
And please do not worry about me having to do an extra reserving job this year it will only take me 10 minuets :roll:
Friend don't get excited about vixen's, ain't everyone's cup of Tea. You choose what you wanted & happy with i hope. Excal makes the best recurve CB's around. I just happen to be an old crusty fart whom Dotes on my Miss Vixen, i will sing her praises til i pass on out of this world. I have killed tick toters wid other Excal models its that vixen's are my favorite killing models :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Hey Vixenmaster it is quite clear that you are a skilled hunter and quite good with your Vixen, you are staking Deer up like cordwood over their so I would like to ask you a question.
Have you ever forgot to lick the tip of your bolt before you shoot or it may not stick ? :lol:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
strum

Post by strum »

sumner4991 wrote:The only reason I haven't gotten a deer yet with my Exomax is I'm waiting for the perfect shot. Sure, any old fool with a lite weight crossbow can shoot a deer. I want to get four deer at a time. Got to get my limit here in Ga with just three shots. Trying to save a little money. :wink: Times are tough.
now theres a guy with the coconuts to admit why he got the biggest he could get ..size does matter :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

gerald strine wrote:Hey Vixenmaster it is quite clear that you are a skilled hunter and quite good with your Vixen, you are staking Deer up like cordwood over their so I would like to ask you a question.
Have you ever forgot to lick the tip of your bolt before you shoot or it may not stick ? :lol:
I only do that with my 4 ML's, :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Easy thar, pretty soon that particular model of excal will have to be renamed vex'en
:lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I gotta admit that my wife's Vixen II is sweet to shoot. I might even say that I like it better than my Exocet 165. Too bad my wife's Vixen is pink! :(
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day, mate the fact is from the inner circle that the vixen is no more. factor
Last edited by blackjack on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by blackjack on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

You had me fooled blackjack, I was ready to buy every vixen I could get my hands on. You dont work for excalibur by any chance do you?? :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
longshot44

Post by longshot44 »

ninepointer wrote:I gotta admit that my wife's Vixen II is sweet to shoot. I might even say that I like it better than my Exocet 165. Too bad my wife's Vixen is pink! :(
I own a phoenix, but would love to try a Vixen ..... when it comes to an Excal, real men aren't afraid to shoot pink!
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

one shot scott wrote:You had me fooled blackjack, I was ready to buy every vixen I could get my hands on. You dont work for excalibur by any chance do you?? :lol:
BUT I DO HELP JOHN AT AUSBOW IN AUSTRALIA WHICH IS THE EXCALIBUR IMPORTER :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

There was another Rumor started but i traced it back to the original begining pt, twas none other than the famous Tick Toters of Mo. They had spread that Excal would no longer be making any models above 175 lb. because it would allow hunters to shoot through smaller opening because of flatter trajectory! They also had said Excal was coming out with a T-hole stocked vixen! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

DJH

Post by DJH »

Right now I don't have a crossbow to field test and review for the magazine. I can hunt with whatever bow I choose - and what might that be? Well this is what I am carrying into the woods right now and for those of you who know it’s every curve, even under a layer of custom camo you can still tell that this is the tried and true brown Vixen, one of the finest and most reliable crossbows every made. The only one that gives it any competition in my mind is the 6-Point GT Flex, and that is partially because it has an ACCU-DRAW cocking device built right into the stock. Both are light, quiet, deadly accurate, extremely user friendly and will blow an arrow through any critter on the North American Continent. Why would anyone need anything else? But that is just my personal opinion, I could be wrong.
DJH'S PET CROSSBOW
DJH'S PET CROSSBOW
11-06-10 005-S.jpg (117.88 KiB) Viewed 5575 times
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]