Rumor! (Vixen's)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Rumor! (Vixen's)

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes there has been an echo here on the Forum or so called rumor :lol: that down deep everyone wants to own & hunt with a Vixen. Most are afraid to let their urning fer Vixen's be known as they think its less than he-man, :lol: Well i own & shoot & hunt with a Vixen, its the only CB i own right now. Y'all knowed you really want the best Tick Toter killing machine made by Excal!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
See4miles

Re: Rumor! (Vixen's)

Post by See4miles »

I'm waiting for the pink camo version myself.
In the Wind.......
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

The rumor I heard is that Excalibur will soon be discontinuing them as they are killin' too many deer and thinning out the herds too much!! :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

They have the Pinks already made! Go get one quick fast & in a hurry!
Half Bubble Off BD360

georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Well sir...your sure kickin the hornet's nest now!! :roll: :lol:
Having shot a "slow xbow" before...my old pse 245fps I feel like I'm drivin a corvette with my ibex at 285fps :D
That being said I think I'll stay with my Ibex...just fast enough for me to claim my manhood...just slow enough for me to bitch at all the speed junkies!!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I had better stir the pot alot more! Ewww whats that smell, :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

bstout wrote:Many of the differences between models are perceived more so than real. Some of the differences that are real are more wear and tear on the center serving, tougher on arrows and targets and more difficult to cock. Some of the longer rail models are nose heavy or not well balance and lack feel in the hand.

Regardless, some do not know or care to understand crossbow attributes other than SPEED, and they're willing to make many sacrifices for that much perceived entity.
I tend to disagree . . .there is a real difference between my Vixen and my Exomax. Especially at the upper end of my hunting range. Trajectory really drops off after 30 yards with the Vixen launching a 408 gr arrow.

I also disagree with the "real" wear and tear. I've shot the crap out of my Exomax over the last four years and it's stll shooting as smooth as the day I bought it. No issues. I've shot it more in two years while I was doing all the testing than the average hunter will shoot in a lifetime. I tear up arrows with the Vixen too. A hole in the target is a hole . . .one might be a little deeper. The serving issue is way less of an issue now, sure the servings last longer on the Vixen . . .a small price to pay, IMO.

Cocking is easy for either until I try it by hand. However, I normally use the cocking rope anyway. With the rope, I have very little issue cocking either bow. Of course, that may change . . .I plan on getting much older. :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Vixen. It shoots in a different class, but, it's still upper class. Like comparing two different models of BMW.

This is a fun thread, but, I really see no reason to bash either bow. All Excaliburs are killing machines.

Rarely do you see a Vixen on the trading post for sale . . . :? :)
Last edited by sumner4991 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

j.krug wrote:The rumor I heard is that Excalibur will soon be discontinuing them as they are killin' too many deer and thinning out the herds too much!! :lol:
Love this Post, :lol: just be alot out there fer me to buy used from ppl.
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Serious the Vixen is a great CB & i personally feel they are most comfortable while in a tree stand. They have plenty of power with most tree stand shots in thick areas like i hunt. 35 yds is a very long shot here fer me, almost all my shots are 30 yds & under. If'en i had more open hunting area then maybe another model would shine at abit longer range say out to 40 yds. Mind you most my game is tick toters with a hog every now and again.
Half Bubble Off BD360

old fart jim

Post by old fart jim »

not only is vixenmaster from Howell county :shock: he shoots a girly man bow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but that girly man bow shure gets the job done
time in the woods is time well spent
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

georgiaboy wrote:Well sir...your sure kickin the hornet's nest now!! :roll: :lol:
Having shot a "slow xbow" before...my old pse 245fps I feel like I'm drivin a corvette with my ibex at 285fps :D
That being said I think I'll stay with my Ibex...just fast enough for me to claim my manhood...just slow enough for me to bitch at all the speed junkies!!! :D

This is the first year hunting with my vixen II. I haven't had the opportunity to let the air out of one yet but it's coming. :D My "slow bow" with hand made FFF string zings in there at 280 FPS respectfully. Plus the vixen II is a little lighter and easier to maneuver than my other Excals. What’s the old saying? "Dead is dead" no matter the speed in which the arrow hits its mark. :lol: I likes my vixen II! :D Speed is over rated anyway , its arrow placement that matters most. :wink:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I am afraid that the state of Texas would take away my man card if I bought one of those girly Vixens for myself! Good thing that Santa is going to bring one to my son,Colton. That Santa is a swell guy isnt he!!!!!! I cant wait till Christmas.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Don't you really feel like more speed and power would be nice when you shoot a deer?

The Vixen will only bury the arrow about half it's length in the ground on the other side of the deer it went through, but if you had an Exomax you could put that arrow out of sight in the ground, then go home and check the news for China to see if you got a "pass-through". :shock: :lol: :lol:
wabi
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

All this hoopla is a waste of time if you ask me. The bows we have decide to buy/hunt with are the correct bows for our self .
What I desire in a bow may not be what is important to you but is is for me so I have the correct bow for me, and I could care less if your needs are different than mine.
If easy handling is the most important to you get a Vixen.
If a flat trajectory and Elk , Moose , Brown bear hunting may be in your future you would be better served with a higher poundage bow.
I do not need to here that a Vixen can kill a moose every one knows it can but I do not feel that it would my first choice if i had a higher poundage bow available.
Vixen owners we are happy for you you do not need to defend your choice.
And please do not worry about me having to do an extra reserving job this year it will only take me 10 minuets :roll:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

deleted post
Last edited by theoldarcher on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.