I got another buck!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longshot

Re: I got another buck!!!!

Post by longshot »

Mr. Strine and Sumner, my dad had a 742 woodsmaster that was a 30-06 that he got from his dad when he died. I never knew my grandpa because he died before I was born but dad says that he was a great man like my dad. I think that I just confused my own self. Dad hunted with that 30-06 for a couple of years but it was stolen out of his truck at a big buck contest. Mom said that dad was devistated when the gun was stolen and even offered a $1000 reward but never got it back. He looked all over for this 308 for me and finally found one at a great price and bought it for me. That buck that I killed yesterday was the first deer that I have shot with it. About the bolt head, Yes sir I have learned that already at the range. I am real easy on my guns and keep them clean so I had to get used to slamming it closed on this gun. We have some of that Hoppes in the gun safe so I will give it a good cleaning after the season. Well I gotta go to school but the weekend starts when I get home :D . Hey, I got all "A"s again this 9 weeks :mrgreen:.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Congrats dude!

I have a Rem 742 also except mines a .30-06. I'm actually on watch with it beside me right now.
maple

Post by maple »

Congratulations to you and your dad Tyler. Straight "A"s eh?? Keep on doing what you're doing. You da man.

Congrats on the buck too!

Good shooting buddy.

Hi Ray!

Maple
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats to you & yer Pa, nice rifle fer sure
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Congrats on the deer and the gun. Your dad has alot to be proud of!!!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

lvt01 wrote:Congrats on the deer and the gun. Your dad has alot to be proud of!!!
I'm very proud of Tyler. He is a huge help to me and just a pure pleasure to be around. If I'm doing ok in the morning we're going out again.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
frisky

Post by frisky »

Congrats on your deer. I have a 740 in 30:06, my dads gun.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I bought a 742 woodsmaster in 243 when I first moved to NC 20? years ago. Paid $200 for it at a gun show. I killed a many a deer with that gun but sold it to a member of our old club so that I could make a truck payment. That was about 17 years ago and I ran into the grandson of the guy that I sold the gun to and he had inherited the gun from his grandpa. I spoke of the gun and he said that he still had it and wanted to sell it to.......yep, a truck payment. I wish that I hadn't lost my job because I would have loved to have had it back.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

CONGRATS!! :D I miss the days of the hounds, sure is a sound in the woods I love hearing!
The best things in life are not things!!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Congratulations Tyler !
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife