O/T On the Road Again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

O/T On the Road Again

Post by ecoaster »

The double edged sword has struck me again. It seems to be a blessing and a curse that I have gained a wealth of construction experience in my career and this, in turn, has resulted in me travelling the country from job to job. I just got the call that I have to go manage a job in Newfie. Never been to "the rock" before and I'm looking forward to it. From what I'm told the moose sighting and scenery is second to none.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Normous

Re: O/T On the Road Again

Post by Normous »

Take some language lessons first :lol: Been there twice now, you will love it!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
catcher

Post by catcher »

I lived there for a few years. Full of brooke trout and Moose everywhere. Do not ever pass up a meal of cod tongues or jigs dinner. Both are very tasty. Also one of the few places you can hunt the Woodland Caribou. This time of year you should be able to find some rivers with some good runs of sea trout. Have fun. If you are a mumbler when you talk you will fit right in. :lol:
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I hear ya Catcher. Working in the marine industry I have worked with a lot of Newfies. Great people and hard workers. I can understand them until they get a few drinks in them, then the thick tongue comes out and you can't understand a word :lol: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
maple

Post by maple »

Lucky you!

Been there once and would love to go again. Great people and a beautiful province. Also keep your eyes open for 'Fish and Brewis' ,another delicious local dish. Cod and scrunchins, molasses and brewis, potatoes and/or termits. Excellent fare!

Enjoy your time there and keep us posted.

That's the one place I'd like to go moose hunting. Never have hunted moose - yet.

Maple