Me and my Baby..........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Me and my Baby..........

Post by raydaughety »

Girl went hunting this afternoon. She usually doesn't like to sit in a box stand too long so she brought some homework and a word-find book to keep her occupied. I was kicked back in my office chair thinking about how Tyler was doing in the box stand about 1/4 mile away when Breezy asked " Dad, why would a deer be running when we are not hunting with the dogs? I turned to answer her and saw a doe running right at us. She had a dust cloud following her as she sprinted across the fresh cut peanut field. I knew what was coming next and about the time she ran by the stand at 50 yards, the buck came out where she did and was headed to us using her tracts I believe. I followed him with the rifle and when he got where I wanted him, he slowed from a flat out run to a trot, with his tail flagging back and forth. I knew that he had no intentions of stopping so it was now or never. I checked Breezy one last time to be sure that she had her shooting muffs on and told her to watch his shoulder through her binoculars. I squeezed the trigger slowly and at the crack of the shot the buck did a full summer-salt and wound up on his back with his legs stuck straight up in the air and his rack was buried in the soft dirt. Breezy yelled "AWESOME!!!!!! Did you see that Daddy?" We hugged as Breezy told what she saw through her binoculars. Play by play she relived what had just happened all the while hugging my neck. and flashing her big "Julia Roberts" smile. Tyler passed on a small 6 pointer seeing how he is getting short on tags. Anyhow, here's a picture of him.

Looks like I have another one to raise up in the outdoors :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Pydpiper

Re: Me and my Baby..........

Post by Pydpiper »

Could it get any better Ray? :D Congrats to the two of you!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
roly

Post by roly »

Congratulations Ray
Nice deer and great pic.

You have gone through a living hell the last while
but you are a very lucky man :) :)
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

It does'nt get any better than that!!!!! :D :D
Congrats on your deer!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

That’s when I have the most fun when I tag one of my children with me. Congratulations on a very memorable hunt with your daughter.
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Very nice! congrats to both of you!!
Crispy
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Great post and great deer.
NICE SHOOTING :!:
I wish I could have been their to see that.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Thanks guys :D . Now she want's a pink .22 Cricket rifle for Christmas and ya know, she just may get it. There is a Hunter Safety Course available here in January so that would be just perfect. She is much smaller and skinnier than Tyler was at 7 years old. Tyler was killing deer with his youth Ruger .243 compact at that age but Breezy can't see through the scope because the scope is way to far away for her to get the full sight picture but the scope is as far back as it will go. Maybe some different rings???? I think that we may be rushing it a bit because she can't hold that gun up by herself and has very poor "shooting form" with that .243. So were are just going to start out real slow. She has been shooting a BB gun and a pellet rifle for 2 years now and is very safe with it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good shootin' Ray - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
backwoods

Post by backwoods »

congrads, I am taking it she didnt get her homework done. :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer deer & sounds like y'all had a great hunt together
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Great story Ray. Thanks for sharing! And oh...good shot!!!

My 7 year old keeps asking when I'm going to take her. But she can't sit still for a minute! I'm thinking next year I'll have a few ground blinds placed so we can have an afternoon or morning together...we'll see!

Hey, by the way, you'd better watch that Tyler, looks like he's following awful close in your footsteps! Won't be long before he's showing the Ole Man a thing or two!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
secret

Post by secret »

Congrats!!!!! Great story!!!!! Good shooting!!!!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

OkXbowHunter wrote: Hey, by the way, you'd better watch that Tyler, looks like he's following awful close in your footsteps! Won't be long before he's showing the Ole Man a thing or two!
He already is Okxbowhunter. He can hear better than I can and usually sees the deer before I do.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

She is your lucky charm ...keep taking her, i bet the two of you will never forget your hunts together.