coyote licence

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

coyote licence

Post by wheelie »

Was told by the president of a fish and game club that he was notified that starting now, coyote you need a separate licence everywhere in Ontario and you are only allowed 2 a season. Anyone else hear of this yet? Guess I won't be dragging them home if true. He told me they are no longer going under a small game licence. Guess I will be carring my 17hmr more this winter for rabbits. Play my FoxPro dying rabbit and hope rabbits run towards my caller. hehehehe To think if it is true, somebody behind a desk is getting a big bonus for the idea to make goverment more money.
Last edited by wheelie on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
GaryM

Re: coyote licence

Post by GaryM »

Why are they so worried about the coyote population? Here in Illinois the state has really loosened up on coyote shooting. You can hunt them at night now and they even tell you that you can use a semi-automatic rifle with a high capacity magazine. :shock: Amazing that restrictive Illinois would do that. I've killed 2 this year, one with my rifle and one with my crossbow and missed 2 others. No shortage of them around here. We'll send you some up if you run low. 8) Gary
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

We have more than you can shake a stick at. Goverment making more money. Thats all it is. Have to buy a light weight, colapable shovel.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Check your regs some WMU's are still the way it has always been shootem -up! :D Game seal required in WMU 1A,1C,1D,2-42,46-50 & 53-58 :shock: I'm sure the other WMU's will follow soon!! :evil:
Last edited by MADMAX2 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
The best things in life are not things!!
Redneck Plumber

Post by Redneck Plumber »

SSS :D
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Farmers would be in an uproar, there is no way that could be true. I will call today to verify though.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have to second RedNeck Pumber's comment. The 3 s's will apply more often.
RDPress

Post by RDPress »

It's true up North, where you can purchase two game seals a season for the WMUs mentioned a couple posts up, but, down South, you're free to shoot as many as run in front of you. The new regs were put in place up North in order to protect wolf populations, since the MNR believed that wolves were being mistaken for coyotes (tough to do...ever seen a wolf??? They're HUGE compared to coyotes) and were being shot.

I'd be very surprised if the same system was put in place down South as it has been up North. You would find a lot of farmers with livestock practicing SSS and encouraging those who hunt their property to do the same.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Last year I shot a wolf outside of Woodstock, a very impressive animal! Unfortunatly it had a habit of killing small horses.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

RDPress wrote:I'd be very surprised if the same system was put in place down South as it has been up North. You would find a lot of farmers with livestock practicing SSS and encouraging those who hunt their property to do the same.
Farmers are exempt from our tag/seasons system on animals like that (with the exception of white tail and black bear), no reason to pick up a shovel. :D
WMU 91
Boo string
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

Forgive my utter ignorance, but what exactly is SSS?
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Mr. Dynamite wrote:Forgive my utter ignorance, but what exactly is SSS?
Shoot, shovel and shut up.
Most people don't realize that they have an amazing amount of rights when it comes to their own property. Having someone else do it is a whole other story though.
I go through more coyotes than the average guy, it has always been my experience to make it known among those who need to know. I love to shoot, and I am too lazy to dig a hole. Found it easier just to conform to the law.
If you hunt recreationally you are required to utilize the animal, not let it rot, but if you are the owner or agent you can let it lay where it falls. Not many coyotes are good for anything when mange is rampid.
WMU 91
Boo string
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

sounds like another stupid rumor...you know the old saying..if you haven't heard one by 9am ...start one!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

They need to let all dang Yotes & Wolves go the way of the DoDo bird! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

Do you guys mostly shoot them with rifles, or do you try with bow?

Bow shop here in town is having a primos guy come in to do a calling seminar in Jan, and it sounds like it would be something interesting to get into, but I am wondering how hard it is to get one into bow range...
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!