Arrow makin'

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jackleg

Arrow makin'

Post by jackleg »

One stringer wraps came in last week, GT II are in today. Now all I need are some blazers, glue and a jig and I'm all set :lol: Asked for the jig as a Christmas present so I gotta wait and see if I get it before ordering one :roll: No big rush anyway... Well I have a question. What glue do you guys like for inserts and vanes? Two different ones or one all purpose adhesive? Also what works the best to take off that awful paint that is on my arrows? :lol: Thanks guys!
Equinox
GTII's 2" blazers
Ground pounder mount
Horizontal Hunter

Re: Arrow makin'

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I made a post a few years ago with some arrow building resources that I used when I started making my own. I have included the link below. I like the Loctite gel for the vanes and Gorilla super glue with latex for the inserts. Take a broken shaft and practice on it until you find the glue that you like and get a feel for it. I also think that an arrow squaring tool like the G5asd, and a scale is also a great investment.

Bob

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=24678
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Best I have found is Krazy Glue jell. have never had a vein fall off with it
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

Whatever happened to guys using Fletch-Tite? That is all I've ever used on wood shafts (dipped and crested) with feathers as well as aluminum shafts (some dipped and crested, some raw aluminum) with vanes and feathers and I have never had a vane/feather come loose. I clean the raw shafts well with acetone. It is still all I use.
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

OMC-MOOSE wrote:Whatever happened to guys using Fletch-Tite? That is all I've ever used on wood shafts (dipped and crested) with feathers as well as aluminum shafts (some dipped and crested, some raw aluminum) with vanes and feathers and I have never had a vane/feather come loose. I clean the raw shafts well with acetone. It is still all I use.
it's the "i gotta have the latest, greats thing out yet" stuff to use by some....i still use hot melt glue in my alum arrows with fletch-tite on the vanes....but with carbon shafts most must use crazy glues i guess......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

I used the Gorilla glue on my fletching, not the stuff that expands. Can't remember name now but shot a doe in shoulder that broke my arrow off a quarter of the way on fletching and it didn't tear remainder of fletching off shaft. Holds good enough for me :D .
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

For the veins use Fletch tite and the inserts use Ferrel tite or any hot melt you can not go wrong have used these for 30 years and they have never let me down.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

X2 on the Ferrel-tite...all I have ever used as well, and never ever any problems
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
secret

Post by secret »

Steel Force for everything. i like vanes that stay there always! rain sleet snow shine!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string