Santa Is A Vortex Lovin' Elf!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OkXbowHunter

Santa Is A Vortex Lovin' Elf!!

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Christmas kinda came early for me this afternoon. The Vortex I bought off of Aging...aka Mike...arrived today.

Of course the UPS man had to pull a fast one on me...watched him go by and turn onto the highway about 3 p.m. Figured he was gone for the day. He must have gotten to a point and found the Vortex because she showed back up a little after 4 with my Vortex!

Got it and all the goodies Mike sent along with it assembled (except for the quiver mount) and just had to go out and shoot it. Had a tiny bit of trouble reinstalling the trigger, but after trying to cock it and it not latching, figured it out.

This thing shoots like greased lightning! Didn't have time to set up my chrono, but loved seeing that Firenock sizzle across the yard!

Mike is a stand up guy and fretted over that package until it got here like he'd sent me one of his own kids. All I can say is you'd better hope he doesn't wrap your Christmas packages because he doesn't spare no expense!! That baby was wrapped and packed gooood!

The trigger was silky smooth and the bow very quiet with the STS and D pads. A little heavier than my Axiom, but I expected that.

Thanks again Mike. Can't wait to get some more trigger time with the Vortex. I'm still undecided about how I feel about the T hole stock, but I do love shooting that 200 lb bow!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
gerald strine

Re: Santa Is A Vortex Lovin' Elf!!

Post by gerald strine »

Congrats on the Vortex it is a great choice in a bow but you all ready know that.
New toys are always fun :!:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

The true gift is in the giving Don. If you would have told me the bow was damaged in any way I would have dropped dead on the spot. I was worried about the Boo string getting damage because of not unstringing it. And, that Boo trigger ay that is so cool. Hope you like it. Now there is a remedy for the thumb-hole stock and that is a one of a kind rifle style custom made stock just for you by ME. :lol: :lol: Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. OK, OK I'll be quiet. :D :D :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer Vortex
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Merry Christmas to you!! Glad to hear you like your Vortex so much!!
I LOVE mine!! :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

good luck with vortex cant wait to get mine after first of the year. :)
KBW

Post by KBW »

VORTEX ALL THE WAY
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE