Your opinion on best target?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tired Rooster

Your opinion on best target?

Post by Tired Rooster »

I know that opinions vary. But what type/brand of target does really well for both broad head and field point. Heard the Reinhart is good but really hard to pull your bolts out. Which targets do y'all use?
DEO VINDICE
Farmer

Re: Your opinion on best target?

Post by Farmer »

For dual use ( fp's and BH's ) the Rinehart 18 n 1 is hard to beat. Arrow removal is not difficult using either head. it stops arrows from my Exocet very well. 2 years and still going strong.
Missin

Post by Missin »

I have the reinhart feild target. Its the small ball on a string that your meant to throw. I use it as my main target as it was the only price i could justify.

I had the thing for maybe 3 or 4 weeks and its abslutely hammered for something that is meant to be self healing. Im actually thinking about taking it back it wore out so quickly. It does stop arrows well though. Mine go halfway, take the BH off and push it back through, same as any target really.

So opinion is good and bad. Maybe the bigger target would be better as there are more aiming points. I also only shoot mine with slick tricks.
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Farmer wrote:For dual use ( fp's and BH's ) the Rinehart 18 n 1 is hard to beat. Arrow removal is not difficult using either head. it stops arrows from my Exocet very well. 2 years and still going strong.
x2 and I like the compact size of the target.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

I have the Yellow Jacket crossbow bag target and it's been great for field points. This year I bought the Rinehart block and it's great. If you do shoot it up in a year they will replace it for free. It works great for field and broadheads.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Your target is busted up because it is not a broad head target. We have one too and love it. The website is very vague on this product, but I do know that when I bought mine it said "field point only".
Sorry man.
Missin wrote:I have the reinhart feild target. Its the small ball on a string that your meant to throw. I use it as my main target as it was the only price i could justify.

I had the thing for maybe 3 or 4 weeks and its abslutely hammered for something that is meant to be self healing. Im actually thinking about taking it back it wore out so quickly. It does stop arrows well though. Mine go halfway, take the BH off and push it back through, same as any target really.

So opinion is good and bad. Maybe the bigger target would be better as there are more aiming points. I also only shoot mine with slick tricks.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Targets+G ... oduct.html

You fill it 2 sided target bag. I fill it with skid wrap from the local feed mill. works great.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

wheelie wrote:http://www.3riversarchery.com/Targets+G ... oduct.html

You fill it 2 sided target bag. I fill it with skid wrap from the local feed mill. works great.
That's a little pricey for an empty bag, eh?

I got a bag from the local feed store too . . .seems like last time they charged me $3 per bag. I use duct tape to patch it.

I'm like Planter . . .I shoot the field tips 99% of the time. There is no reason to practice with a mechanical. If I put them on correctly and they pass my spin test, then they are dead on. Saves me a lot of headache.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

sumner4991 wrote:
wheelie wrote:http://www.3riversarchery.com/Targets+G ... oduct.html

That's a little pricey for an empty bag, eh?

I got a bag from the local feed store too . . .seems like last time they charged me $3 per bag. I use duct tape to patch it.

I'm like Planter . . .I shoot the field tips 99% of the time. There is no reason to practice with a mechanical. If I put them on correctly and they pass my spin test, then they are dead on. Saves me a lot of headache.
I don't think it is expensive. $30. to my door. I shoot daily, usually 30 to 40 arrows and a bag lasts more than a year. Field points only. Has eyelets on it and I put wire through it and have an old treadmill frame that I side the wires on and hangs bag at the proper level. I don't leave it out in the rain. It is much better than a feed bag.
secret

Post by secret »

Amish wood chip bales are by far the best target period!!!! But i still use a 'BLOCK' to shoot most of the time!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

IMO the best field point target I have ever seen or used is the Spyderweb, A bit pricey but absolutely terrfic. Unbelieveable easy removeable and stop the fasted crossbow made. No wear at all on mine after 700+ shots

I'm still undecided on a broadhead target Everyone I have bought and tried has drawbacks. That being said all my crossbows shoot GT Laser II's with 100 gr fieldtips and Slicktrick 100gr Mags to same P.oA.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

Good stuff fellas. Really appreciate everyones input. I think I'll probably go ahead and get the Rinehart 18-1, and see how that does me. I'm sure no target is perfect, but we'll see what kinda service I can get from the 18-1. Thanks again fellas. Take care!
DEO VINDICE
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

vrodman wrote:I have the Yellow Jacket crossbow bag target and it's been great for field points.
X2! I have probably between 800 and 1000 shots in mine and an arrow from the vortex at 10 yards will still only bury up about half way on either side that I shoot it. Plus, you can pull 'em out with two fingers.

For BH's, I have a Crossbow Block. I've only shot it about a hundred times. Hard to get the heads out. In fact, I have one head still in it somewhere and I refuse to cut it open to get it out.

When I shoot the Crossbow block out (which I predict will be less than 1000 shots at the rate it looks now), I'm gonna give the Rhinehart a shot (yes, pun intended :wink: )
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day, mate a grain bag or sack full of rags it'll pull up your fastest bolt from (guaranteed) 350 fps to zero in nothing. 8) regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
gridironcoach

Post by gridironcoach »

I have a block. It's the crossbow model. I love it.