My kingdom for a carbon matrix!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

My kingdom for a carbon matrix!

Post by Pydpiper »

Problem is that I don't have a kingdom.
The new Hoyt has my heart beating funny, I am ready for a new compound, but this one is about $2000, which leaves me about $102000 short. The wife is getting nervous, she has seen my screen saver. This morning she said "I see you want a new bow", I said "yup, how did you know?" She said that every time something makes it to be our screen saver the next thing that happens is that I drag it through the back door. I had to remind her that at one point, she was my screen saver, hasn't talked to me since.
Anyone have one of these things?

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
j.krug

Re: My kingdom for a carbon matrix!

Post by j.krug »

Pydpiper wrote:I had to remind her that at one point, she was my screen saver, hasn't talked to me since.
Anyone have one of these things?
That's too funny!! :lol: :lol:
I do not have one....for the very same reason you don't, but I must admit I do lust for one!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Reminds me of one my Grandfather's old grapevine rockers. Looks wicked.

I'd put my wife back on as the screen saver if I were you. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Bob64

Post by Bob64 »

I'd love one but my wife told me to wait until the 2025's models came out.
Normous

Post by Normous »

sumner4991 wrote:
I'd put my wife back on as the screen saver if I were you. :lol:
X2 :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I've been wanting a new vertical compound myself. Don't know why though, my 1992 Darton Viper cans till put 'em down just fine. But I do have to admit, I've been looking at BowTech's and Mathews on ebay. I kinda like the Mathews Switchbacks...but then again I already have a bow... :lol:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
RDPress

Post by RDPress »

OkXbowHunter wrote:I've been wanting a new vertical compound myself. Don't know why though, my 1992 Darton Viper cans till put 'em down just fine. But I do have to admit, I've been looking at BowTech's and Mathews on ebay. I kinda like the Mathews Switchbacks...but then again I already have a bow... :lol:
I have a Matthews Switchback XT that I will NEVER part with. Best bow the company ever made, in my humble opinion. I have owned BowTechs and Hoyts and, for my own personal feel, nothing compares to that particular Matthews. I did get the opportunity to shoot a Matthews Z7 in my draw length and set at the same draw weight as my Switchback XT...didn't like the feel of it at all.

Haven't handled the new Carbon Matrix yet...but, knowing my habit of stopping into archery shops often, especially ones with ranges attached to them, it will only be a matter of time. :wink:
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

Hey david
I was at the worlds 3d championship in ellicotville this past summer and seen one.This bow was painted a bright lime green.The fellow at the booth said that the bow was for sale for $3500.00 all set up with accessories.Beauty bow but obviously an indoor bow.
Heres a question are you willing to up your cost of venison per pound just for a carbon bow?
I will stick with shooting my truth2 until these carbon bows drop way down in price.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

fuel80guy wrote:Heres a question are you willing to up your cost of venison per pound just for a carbon bow?
Sure, I would pay double for venison for it in LH 50 to 60 please! Just the cash thing I don't have! LOL
secret

Post by secret »

Heres a bow that weights 10oz more shoots faster and is shorter any only 699.00 http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/dar ... 12878.html
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
TYE

Post by TYE »

Overrated!

The Pretzel bow is not for me at least. Can get two better bows for that price in my opinion.

I think my next bow will be a Martin. They're coming out with some amazing bows the last few years and they're well priced.