Opinions of Ameristep Bone Collector Blinds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gridironcoach

Opinions of Ameristep Bone Collector Blinds

Post by gridironcoach »

I'm looking at which blind to get. I'm looking at the Bone Collector. Anybody own one, or give me any recommendations?

Thanks,

John
catcher

Re: Opinions of Ameristep Bone Collector Blinds

Post by catcher »

I have one and so far I have only hunted out of it once , but man there is a lot of room in there compared to my dog house blind. Those hub blinds are a little heavier but you gain more room and very quick set up. I can have mine set up from the bag to set up in about 30 seconds. i would recomend this blind to you for sure. They also have very nice shooting windows on them and are easy to open and close. But the real key to the bone collector was the room in it , both head room and width very nice.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

The bone collector blinds are very nice but I sold mine because of the trouble I had with it later on after extensive use; the material was always tearing and had trouble with the poles inside the material tearing apart; I wanted to try these blinds because I always used double bull blinds and wanted something a little more cost effective BUT now use DB blinds only because of their toughness;

Not trying to discourage you from buying BC blinds but my experience is that they will not hold up; but also know that I am very tough on equipment and expect alot out of them; hope this helps and good luck no matter which way you decide;
gridironcoach

Post by gridironcoach »

Thanks for the posts.
Rich

Post by Rich »

I have no experience with the Bone Collector Blind, but I sure your gonna pay a little extra just for BC logo. Does Ameristep make the same model without the BC logo, might save yourself a few dollars.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

No offense guys but for one I am sick and tired of seeing/hearing "Bone Collector" this and "Bone Collector" that. I'll never pay XX.XX amount of dollars MORE just because a certain name is on a product.

Sorry if that offends some, but that is the way it is with me...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Woody Williams wrote:No offense guys but for one I am sick and tired of seeing/hearing "Bone Collector" this and "Bone Collector" that. I'll never pay XX.XX amount of dollars MORE just because a certain name is on a product.

Sorry if that offends some, but that is the way it is with me...
I 2nd that
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i take it has zippers also??? I have the brickhouse and its nice but I HATE THE ZIPPERS... next one will be a double bull since its QUIET. But the brickhouse was free so I cant complain.