what glass to buy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

what glass to buy

Post by dutchhunter »

hgey guys and gals i need a new pair of binos this year any thought on a good pair at a good price say around 200$ .and a small frame i do a lot of walking well hunting .any deals coming up for xmas DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
raydaughety

Re: what glass to buy

Post by raydaughety »

Hey Dutch, I know that these are a little over your budget but boy are they great glass for the money :wink: .

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-42mm- ... -7296.html

I hope that this gives you a good place to start.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've got a couple Nikon models. Good glass for the price, but they aren't what you'd call premiun.
Functional enough for my hunting use, though.
I usually end up carrying the 10x25 compacts in my fanny pack. Small, light, fair quality, but not great in low light. :roll:
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Zen ray optics are unbelieveable. People that try mine compare them to ziess optics. The summits are well worth the price at 205.00 for the 8x42. Check in out; http://www.zen-ray.com/shop/binoculars.html
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I got a pair of Stieners for Christmas last year and they are great if you don't have to tote them around a lot, they are a little larger than Tyler's Nikon 10X42s. Those Zen-Rays look pretty good agingcrossbower and are in Munch's budget :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I Can't say enough about the Zen rays guys. I bought one pair and have gotten 10 more for friends how looked through mine. They are amazing. I would stick to the vista or the summits. The Ed's are their top priced one but you really can't tell the different from the summits to the Ed's. The zen rays are very popular with the bird watching crowd. Just getting noticed in the hunting area. Good Luck with your choice. Aging :)
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I have a pair of Nikon 10x42's. Love them. Probably one of the best in their price range.

Good glass is like most anything else in hunting, you get what you pay for and it's generally worth it to spend a few more dollars rather than save a few.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
masboy

Post by masboy »

i have nikon monark 8x42,12x42 same as there scopes top of the line to me had them for years no trouble great glass.
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Pentax are good for the price have a pair of 12 x 50 love them. :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i think you should give the leupold yosemites 8x30 a try.very compact. a definate workhorse.they go for under 100$. you could put the other 100$ saved tword more gear. i own a set of 10-x42 gold ring leupold 7 power switchpowers and buris lanmarks but always grab the yosemites first when hunting.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Dutch, seeing your post here reminded me of a pair I have that I'm not fond of, Steiner Safari's [not Pro] 8x22. I have to fold the rubber eyecups back to use them w/ glasses.

I paid about $90, yours if interested for $50 plus shipping. You got 1st shot at 'em, then Trading Post.

Barely used.

"Eze 18:21"
Jim M

Post by Jim M »

Another call for Leupold Yosemites. Whenever I compared them with Bushnell and Nikons costing 3 times as much, I couldn't believe the price! I bought the 6 x 30 model. Thy Bushnell ey only weigh 17 oz. They are much clearer and lighter than my Bushnell Legends which cost $279 5 years ago. I also have a huge pair of 8 x 56 Minox that I paid $600 for 10 years ago. The Leupolds are just as good in low light, they just don't have the extra magnification. They have an 8 X 30 model as well, I just liked the 6 power better for bowhunting. They were on sale for $79.95.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

VORTEX gets my vote. great bino's for the price and a lifetime warranty.