Arctic Shield gear

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adrian J Hare

Re: Arctic Shield gear

Post by Adrian J Hare »

crazyfarmer wrote:I was going to say the samething about covering all over. Just the jacket wont do it. You will lose heat around around your hands and neck. Add a facemask, good gloves, boots, and pants and it should work great. If you keep your face, head, and neck warm usually the rest of you is good to go also.

I find out more info on the AX1 lineup at gander mountain. It was made just for them and is the basic samething as the H8 they have, but with a few extra goodies. Supposed to be their warmest jacket. I picked up the H3 at bass pro and didnt see to much to that. Its loud also. They had the H8 jacket out which was soft and better made in my opinion.

ganders running 50 dollars off the AX1 right now.. 129.99 on sale
I would look up some of the reviews on the H08 as I understood that the H07 was a better insulation. Your very right on keeping your head warm, the Articsheild pull over hat is worth every dime too...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I don't know what my parka is as far as H ?

Got it from Bass Pro. I find it vary nosy also. Especially went my back is against a tree. Sounds like velcro :shock:
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

hikerman wrote:I don't know what my parka is as far as H ?

Got it from Bass Pro. I find it vary nosy also. Especially went my back is against a tree. Sounds like velcro :shock:

more than likely the H4 one.. its LOUD! I got to test mine today for a 3 hour set in the low 20 temps and it did well. My legs got cold, feet, then hands which of coarse made me cold. The jacket kept the wind out and worked great. Until the other weak links such as my boots started to give me a chill.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I bought this about 5 + years ago.

At that time when I did my reserch before buying, on there web sight they had one camo parka and one orange one along ith bibs.

Look all overhe jacket can't find a H??? anyware.

If I bulk up under neithI can sit out for two hours. but that not enought.

Can't walk with it on even when I only have my two pairs of long underware on.

I think the bibs must be the way to go, stops heat from escaping down the back?
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

crazyfarmer wrote:
hikerman wrote:I don't know what my parka is as far as H ?

more than likely the H4 one.. its LOUD! I got to test mine today for a 3 hour set in the low 20 temps and it did well. My legs got cold, feet, then hands which of coarse made me cold. The jacket kept the wind out and worked great. Until the other weak links such as my boots started to give me a chill.
Mine is a H4, has a patch on the sleeve that states, H4 Series. However, it's not loud at all. Maybe there are different H4s? Or maybe I'm deafer than I thought. Either way, I shot four deer while I was wearing it this season. :lol: I also got it at Bass Pro.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Well I picked up the jacket. It's an H3. In the wash to get the scent of a thousand shoppers off of it. Will put to use next week. My review will follow.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Mine is a H4, has a patch on the sleeve that states, H4 Series. However, it's not loud at all. Maybe there are different H4s? Or maybe I'm deafer than I thought. Either way, I shot four deer while I was wearing it this season. :lol: I also got it at Bass Pro.[/quote]

So far all I can figure out is I must a crapy hunter. :D
I will check the sleeve :lol:
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

When I was working for a ski school we had some awesome uniforms - warm, waterproof, breathable, great pocket locations, thin & very effective insulation - and I've often wondered why they don't make them in camo. :D

I was out in a new WallyWorld Remington jacket last Saturday. Between the jacket and bibs I had too much bulk (no comments from the cheap seats! :lol:) but not enough warmth. :evil: I hate feeling like I can hardly move. I've since done more reading and after having a closer look at Ken's jacket, I'll be saving to invest in some Arctic Shield gear.

Anyone wanna buy my Remington jacket now? :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Not Arctic Shield but...
I have two insulated sets of jackets/pants. RedHead CWS (Bass Pro) and Natural Gear snow camo (older model, not interceptor). Both VERY warm and not too noisy. For my liking anyway...