Arctic Shield gear

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Arctic Shield gear

Post by chris4570 »

Anyone use this line of gear? I'm thinking of getting the snow camo jacket from CT. Just wondering what your experience has been with this prduct.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
sumner4991

Re: Arctic Shield gear

Post by sumner4991 »

I just purchased one of the lighter jackets prior to season starting. I mainly got it to stay dry. I was just tired of getting wet.

I've never been more satisfied with a jacket. Sure would like to have a pair of pants of the same material.

It does retain heat. The only issue I had was getting hot when I was on the move. However, the weather really didn't get cold until the last couple of days and I have not been out yet. Hopefully, I can find some time this week.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Once it goes out of warranty and a zipper breaks or something else, they will not help repair it, you'll be on your own.

If I were you, I'd try to buy it through Cabelas so at least they would help you if you have a "wardrobe malfunction" on down the road. I've seen several reviews where Arctic Shield Clothing turning a deaf ear when zippers or other hardware breaks on their garments.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i just got the AX1 I think yesterday.. its the pro line or something. Was 179.99 on sale for 129.99. Im just sick of having to wear 4 layers and 3 jackets to stay warm. Being out in the cool air before sunup till after dark will find the weak link in anything for warmth. Ill do some serious testing this week with mine. I just like it since its THIN and not bulky. Its QUIET and waterproof.

overall its a really nice jacket.. they make a 3peice one also.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Mine must be defective.

I don't find it very warm at all. :(
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Take a look at Rivers West brand if you want light, hi-tech, well thought out gear for the cold. And they have a bulletproof warranty to boot.
In the Wind.......
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wore mine around in the 15 degree wind chill temps and didnt get cold at all. Wind actaully stayed out. So far so good 8)

still for a all day set ill more than likely wear the cold gear shirt, thermal, shirt, fleece pullover, and then the jacket. Layering is always key
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Loose layers . . .trap the heat.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

rivers west has been keeping me warm here....coldest i have hunted so far this year is -14C though
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

They had a warehouse sale in town and I got alot of stuff for myself. coat and bibs..they are very warm for me. I wish the camo wasnt so lite colored my only complaint...

I got coat for $50 us dollars and the bibs as well..They are suppose to have another warehouse clearance sale soon. December sometime.. I will find out..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

hikerman wrote:Mine must be defective.

I don't find it very warm at all. :(
I find the coat alone will not keep you warm . . .nor will a coat and bibs . . .you leave anything unprotected and you will be cold all over. I need the coat, the pants, the boots, the gloves, the hat . . .got to cover it all or I get cold.

I have the H4 Artic Shield jacket. . .so far, so good. :) I found out I can put body warmers in the inside pockets when I'm sitting and it works like a small oven. I just have to remember to take them out when I start walking or the sweat will remind me.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

My usual ware is hat gloves boots.

Long underware plus I have a thick one peice of second layer of long underware also.

If I put on another top my movement is restricked in the arns.

I also found that the sleaves are kind of short for a large jacket.

My insulated pants were given to me ( used )are alot warmer . They were from Cabelas.

Maybe the key is to ware bibs which adds extra insulation on the lower back.

Or maby ship the first pair of long underware? Between the first two layers it is snug but not tight.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

I sat in -22 windchill last night with my H07 jacket and bibs and lasted 2 hours no problem...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I was going to say the samething about covering all over. Just the jacket wont do it. You will lose heat around around your hands and neck. Add a facemask, good gloves, boots, and pants and it should work great. If you keep your face, head, and neck warm usually the rest of you is good to go also.

I find out more info on the AX1 lineup at gander mountain. It was made just for them and is the basic samething as the H8 they have, but with a few extra goodies. Supposed to be their warmest jacket. I picked up the H3 at bass pro and didnt see to much to that. Its loud also. They had the H8 jacket out which was soft and better made in my opinion.

ganders running 50 dollars off the AX1 right now.. 129.99 on sale
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

crazyfarmer wrote:I was going to say the samething about covering all over. Just the jacket wont do it. You will lose heat around around your hands and neck. Add a facemask, good gloves, boots, and pants and it should work great. If you keep your face, head, and neck warm usually the rest of you is good to go also.

I find out more info on the AX1 lineup at gander mountain. It was made just for them and is the basic samething as the H8 they have, but with a few extra goodies. Supposed to be their warmest jacket. I picked up the H3 at bass pro and didnt see to much to that. Its loud also. They had the H8 jacket out which was soft and better made in my opinion.

ganders running 50 dollars off the AX1 right now.. 129.99 on sale
I would look up some of the reviews on the H08 as I understood that the H07 was a better insulation. Your very right on keeping your head warm, the Articsheild pull over hat is worth every dime too...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx