Thanks to the wonderful person....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Re: Thanks to the wonderful person....

Post by raydaughety »

Good luck Monica. Looking forward to a picture from Ken's garage. Kill or no kill, I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

BEST OF LUCK REMEMBER PICK A SPOT TAKE A BREATH AND LET IT FLY . HAVE A GRAET HUNT .DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Cool, good luck! I never have luck. :) :)
DanO

Post by DanO »

Geez that should calm her down, Ken! :roll: I might not sleep now just thinking about that setup! :) Good luck Vix but I have a feeling the odds are stacked in your favour. Looking forward to your report.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

unclefester wrote:Hey... But DON'T think of that 8) try to sleep it's just a deer . :wink: :wink:
SLEEP?!?!?!? Are you serious???!?!?!

If I do actually sleep I won't likely be dreaming about deer - will be dreaming about trying to climb into the hang-on stand dressed like the Michelin man like I dreamed last night. :oops:

Haven't actually had much sleep all week with Tim working afternoons. Been staying up late doing Christmassy stuff. I should be in fine form. :lol: Stopped by the range this afternoon and sent a few arrows downrange just to make sure that I could still shoot off-hand in my sleep-deprived state. :)

Well, I should get back to packing. I just stowed the Butt Out tool and my knife in the pack... :mrgreen: (along with about a billion hand warmers.)

See ya at 6 a.m.! Deer or no deer it's going to be a good day in the woods!

(Psst, Kevin... did you read that? 6 a.m. - not 5 a.m and only about 1/2 the drive. It will just about feel like sleeping in! :P )
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Good Luck and have fun Moni. Hope you get a GIANT.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Have a great time the whole forum is pulling for you :D
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
RDPress

Post by RDPress »

Hmmmmmmmmm...nothing here yet...nothing on Facebook...did you get frozen to the tree Vix? :wink:
Normous

Post by Normous »

RDPress wrote:...did you get frozen to the tree Vix? :wink:
I was going to make a frigid She-Wee joke, but I'm not :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

This evening I got to see more deer in an hour than I have in a few years! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Was such a treat to watch them come out, move around, and feed. Didn't get one in range, but it sure was a good time!

What a great day! Ken, his wife (and their dog! :D) are wonderful hosts and I felt totally spoiled. Would you believe Ken even cocked my bow for me? :D Thankfully Ken also has infinite patience. I was embarrassingly spastic before the first hunt - foot heaters didn't stick, put harness on inside out, thought the zipper on my bib pants were broken because I didn't know that the side-zips were 2-way. :oops: Then I wimped out of the first tree Ken had picked. :cry: I think I'll get the hang of hang-ons, but I managed to psyched myself out of the first one. Fortunately Ken had a back up plan and put me in another stand.

Then in the afternoon Ken put me beside an alfalfa field. First 5 deer came out, one at a time, a few minutes apart. After a while something off to my left seemed to make them uncomfortable and they left the field close to where I was sitting, just a bit out of range.

Shortly after the does left I spotted a buck at the far end of the field just as light was starting to fade. He slowly fed his way up the field toward me along with 2 other deer. I had high hopes that they'd make it to my end of the field, but then I watched as a fox ran out towards them along the field edge. They spooked - the buck and another deer took off out of the field, but one large doe ran my way. Then she stopped and began to feed again. It was past legal light by then and I had to get down, but the doe stayed right there out of range but with a clear view of my stand. After a phone call from Ken she decided to leave the field too and I headed out.

I felt so bad for Ken! He tried so very hard to set me up in the best possible spots - he was sincerely disappointed I didn't connect. It certainly wasn't for lack of trying on Ken's part. He has some great properties, but he also puts a lot of work into his set ups and he looked after us really well. For me it was big enough of a thrill to just finally get to see some deer again!

Thanks so much for the truly wonderful day! I really enjoyed myself!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Missin

Post by Missin »

I thought you said Ken cooked your bow :lol: Had to read it a couple of times to work it out.

Sounds like a great time, you just skipped the hard work. :P
Normous

Post by Normous »

That was an AWESOME hunt Moni. I stayed up to read your post. Just could not get any sleep either,and I noticed the Wee comment early on.
Good night and sleep deer dreams till next time.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

CONGRATS!! On getting out and enjoying the hunt!!
The best things in life are not things!!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

You enjoyed your day and that is what counts sounds like a good hunt to me.
It had to beet fighting the Christmas shoppers like I did.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
RDPress

Post by RDPress »

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Ken, Karen and Benny are always great hosts...well...Benny's a great host after he stops barking his head off and gets to know you. :wink: Good people make for great people to hunt with. Always pleases me to see folks like Ken in the hunting community...kinda evens out the a-holes. :wink: :D

Now you have been spoiled and shown what a deer 'hot spot' looks like.