SCORPYD 165

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Booner

SCORPYD 165

Post by Booner »

Who all has shot the Scorpyd 165? I love my Equinox but I am really thinking hard about one of these bows.I think I'll take a drive after xmas and find a dealer so I can shoot one they look like a bow you could have alot of fun playing with at the range and in the field! Let me know if anyone has any experience with this bow. :D
steve

Re: SCORPYD 165

Post by steve »

I shot one and it shot nice but is very heavy and the saftey goes CLICK when you take it off.
rattler1

Post by rattler1 »

Contact Boo he has one.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Two members of this forum (Boo and xbowkidd) own Scorpyds so maybe they'll chime in. I've shot one and like anything it has it's good and bad points.
On the positive side it has a very nice trigger which makes the bow somewhat of a pleasure to shoot. It also has very little limb travel ( 2 1/2" I think) which would make it good for shooting it tight space's like a ground blind. Also, with the reverse limb design the bow is no so weight-forward which some may like. The bow is also rather accurate but I wouldn't say it's any more accurate than an Exalibur.
On the minus side, I find the folding butt stock to be a bit of a pain. If you pick it up by the butt it'll fold on you. It would be nice if it had a feature that would lock it in place. I also found it to be a bit of a pain to use the rope cocker. As you pull back you have to rotate your hands to get around the rear mounted riser though it's something you'd probably get used to when you've shot it enough. I also have a concern with how much energy is stored in just 2 1/2" of limb travel. There has to be a tremendous amount of stress on the limbs and other components in order to achieve the energy this bow does. I think it was BillT who said one of his primary design considerations was that "a crossbow is always trying to destroy itself". Time will tell how well they stand up. Also keep in mind that Scorpyd is a very young company and, while I wish them success, if they ever fold parts will be nearly impossible to come by.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

xbowkidd is a"sponsored" by Scorpyd for 3d and has a Very Good grasp of it's pros and con's. TPM and I both have shot Rob's bows and they are fun. A little prehistoric looking, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder :D
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
TPM

Post by TPM »

They also require a bit of a different technique to shoot than an Excal. :D

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
huntingdeers

Post by huntingdeers »

bstout im with ya.ta heck with anything with wheels.besides trucks and motorcycles