They did it again.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dthunder

They did it again.

Post by dthunder »

Just read this on Archery Talk in the Wisconsin area.

"Crossbows rejected again
Today I attended the meeting of the Conservation Congress Big Game committee. One of the issues they were to take up was a resolution to allow unrestricted crossbow use in all of the states metro deer hunting units. Knowing of this for several months, I penned a statement on behalf of the WBH and encouraged the same from the Wisconsin Traditional Archers. Those letters were distributed to the committee members well in advance of the day's meeting and were mentioned by committee members as reasonable justification to oppose the resolution. It was again mentioned that this was just a back door attempt at inserting crossbows into the archery deer season were all other attempts had failed due to lack of support.

The 20+ members in attendance voted unanimously to reject the resolution. The archery deer season will remain as is.

Protecting, promoting and preserving the archery seer season, 24/7/365. Always watchful, always vigilant."
wabi

Re: They did it again.

Post by wabi »

Just read a signature line today that seems to fit the anti-crossbow club members.
Light travels faster than sound - that's why some people appear to be intelligent until they speak.
wabi
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

It blows me away that common sense has not prevailed here . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Too much cheese in their diets must constipate the brain as well as the bowels. LOL
In the Wind.......
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

As soon as the Insurance companies make the right politicians "understand" that they're tired of paying for damages due to deer collisions, crossbows will be legal in Wisconsin.

Besides, wouldn't taking more deer help control CWD in that state?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
dthunder

Post by dthunder »

About the insurance company thing. I live in IL but my Son lives in Southern WI and follows this stuff and I hunt WI. The car deer thing is not going to do any favors. Along with the WI deer population, the car deer crashes have been dropping like a stone for years.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/hun ... chart2.pdf

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/hunt/deer/chart.pdf
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Wisconsin is also one of the last two states to deny concealed carry of handguns. The politicians up there just don't like giving up CONTROL. Gary
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

I must admit that before I joined this forum I took it for granted that ALL provinces and states allowed horizontal bows :shock: :shock: I really see no reason they don't?
The best things in life are not things!!
toytruck

Post by toytruck »

Its been several years now since Virginia has allowed crossbows for everyone to use. At one time only the handicapped with doctors excuse could use one. All the vertical archery people were up in arms, but all their "concerns" went by the wayside and crossbow hunters didn't kill all the deer, in fact muzzleloaders still take more deer than crossbows.
The state does charge $18 more for a CB license during the archery season though. DGIF is also looking at having early archery coming in September maybe next year.
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex
secret

Post by secret »

No $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for you !!!!!!!!!! NEXT
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string