Post by Old Jim »

Old Jim

Re: Happening in America ??

Post by Old Jim »

It's on very top. Click on police slam unarmed man
wabi

Post by wabi »

Unfortunately, all too often you're guilty until proven innocent.
The news media says something happened and most people feel the accused is automatically guilty.
It comes down to attorneys making the justice system so complicated that justice and legal have little similarity. A guilty person can walk away free if he/she can afford the right attorneys, and an innocent man can go broke and still go to jail.
wabi
M&M

Post by M&M »

I read through it all and no where does it even say they had proof he was actually shooting the crossbow only a neighbors complaint anyone can call the police and tell them anything that doesn't make it true
M&M
Stash

Post by Stash »

Based on the story and videos, seems to me the accused man escalated it all by resisting arrest.

You don't resist arrest, guilty or not. You need to allow the cops to do their thing, and let the lawyers sort out the mess afterwards.

Whether the cops were right or not isn't really the issue. From their point of view, I don't think the cops over-reacted. All they know is there's a weapons complaint and the accused is resisting arrest. Seriously, what do you expect them to do? Let the guy free and ignore the issue because he and his his wife say he didn't do anything wrong?
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

well look at the crossbow, it wasn't an excalibur :lol: ....this wouldn't have happened if it was :roll: ....the police are just doing the best they can to make sure nobody owns anything less :wink: .........bob

P.S....i smell big lawsuite....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
jacktar

Post by jacktar »

There's three side's to every story yours mine and the truth. As a retired police officer I'd bet big dollars if the guy had just complied instead of resisting and he and his wife spouting off their rights we would not be reading anything about this. By the wifes own admission he was shooting the bow in the back yard. No matter what kind of a stop you have it seemed like an awfully crowded area to be practicing at, we all know what these bows are capable of and that there are misses sometimes. Also I can't help but to wonder if he had just been given a warning and continued in a day or so, had a miss and hit the neighbour what would the headlines have read then? I know if I lived in a trailer park I would be more then a little concerned about my familys safety under that situation
Missin

Post by Missin »

Too right jacktar!

I watched abit of it, couldnt handle his wifes yelling. Possibly a gag for her next time and it would be a happy community :lol: