The complete opposite

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Missin

The complete opposite

Post by Missin »

You guys are under snow.

Right now i can see from my house my favourite and local hunting spot go up in flames :( Well, its not there yet but i drove through before and all it needs is to jump a single lane road and i can say goodbye to it.

Theres a couple of fire bombers out there so hopefully they can save it (and my game).

Irony is that today is 1 year exactly that 137 homes were lost from another huge fire. One can only think it was some kid with a lighter :roll:
Dash

Re: The complete opposite

Post by Dash »

Hey missin,
Spewing hey !
Unfortunately most of these fires are deliberate. You'd just love to catch one of these wierdo's in the act :evil: . It's the last thing you need at this time of year here with the temperatures we've had lately. Only luck that more people weren't killed there last year.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

So sorry to hear about that Missin. Forget about the hunting land and watch your tail before you get burnt. Best of luck down there. Can that warmth and send it over here. :D I'll take about 20 cases to go.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey i feel fer y'all catching those wild fires its terrible thing to see ppl's homes & their places burn to the ground. The land getting burnt is just as terrbible & the animals trying to flee from it. If'en it was a person that did it i hope they catch'em & burn them at the stake!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bob64

Post by Bob64 »

Where exactly are you missin????? I'm a retired firefighter and just curious.
Missin

Post by Missin »

Western Aus Bob.

Looks like they have died off now so i will have to go check my spot in the morning and see the mess..hopefully none! Lucky i didnt have my camera or anything out there.

Bstout, i thought that was just a simpsons thing :lol:
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Hope too hear good news soon, keep us posted. Good luck!
Crispy
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

one thing about a wild fire is that the next year all the wild life for miles around will be there to eat all the fresh greens that have sprung up . be safe DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Dash

Post by Dash »

Too true, Even the trees that only have top growth start new shoots from the base up after fire. It eventually ends up thicker growth than before. In saying that, many of the australian species of tree won't germinate without fire. Doesn't make it right for some idiot to start them near residential land though :evil:
Missin

Post by Missin »

Dont forget the pigs! Ive heard they go crazy eating all the charcoal :)
Missin

Post by Missin »

Went and had a look before.

Was a very lucky break. The wind blew it in the other direction, away from my spot and away from the properties.

Only 200 hectares were burnt and it was goverment land. No game or anything in that so im a happy man :D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sorry to hear about the fires but glad the wind changed and sved some of your hunting grounds.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads