H and R ultra slug hunter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Beech

H and R ultra slug hunter

Post by Beech »

Does anyone use one of these for the shotgun hunt. If so how do u like it, and where could I purchase one ....... Thanx Beech
phil

Re: H and R ultra slug hunter

Post by phil »

Yes. I own an H&R ultra slug hunter in 20 ga. Absolutely love it!...Bull barrel and have a 2x10 scope on her. 2 inch groups @ 100 yds using lightfields. It a little heavy to lug around but worth every ounce!
I live in NJ and they are common here. Bought mine @ Harrys army and navy store in southern NJ. We only can use shotguns here.
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I use to have one a couple of yrs ago...was reasonably accurate for the price of the gun, but it kicked like a mule in 12 gauge!!!!
Bought mine at bass pro!
Good luck !!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
hiking

Post by hiking »

I'm also in new jersey and I have one in 20 ga. It's a tack driver and you won't notice the kick. I'm also using 2 3/4 lightfields. but others had just as good results with other brands
sighted in 2 inches high at 50 yards.
Attachments
rsz_220_gauge_004.jpg
rsz_220_gauge_004.jpg (94.86 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
exocet 200
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

I had one in 12ga for about 10 years. I sold it a couple of years ago and sometimes wish I hadn't. With Win. Partition Golds I could get 5-6" groups at 200yds. I'm sure Triggers and Bows in Burford carries them and if not try Freds in Delhi, Elis in Simcoe or Shooters Choice in Kitchener and Gobles in London. That should keep you busy for while :D . You won't regret buying one, just put a good scope on it. TC
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

20g with the bull barrel here also. I shoot the partition golds also and love it. At 50-75 yards it drives tacs. At 100 yards I have 2-3inch groups on average. I wouldnt get a 12g though. To much kick and way to heavy of a slug. The 20g is like shooting a ML'er with 150 grains of powder and a 260grain sabot.

average price is 300-350 for the gun here.. scope is extra of coarse

I use a 3x9x44mm
randy rickmon

Post by randy rickmon »

You might also look at the Savage 220f. It's a 20 ga. rifled shotgun, built on a rife platform, with Savage's accutrigger. Very hard to find here in Southern Michigan, because they sell out so fast. One inch groups at 100 yds, four inch at 200, mild recoil, and a pleasure to carry. The H&R is also very accurate.
ncbowhunter

Post by ncbowhunter »

I have one in a 20 guage, topped off with a Nikon Omega with a standard reticle. I have shot clover leafs with the 2 3/4Buckhammers at 50 yards, haven't tried anything else since my shots are rarely longer than 100 yds. I shot an eight point last year at 95 yards he mule kicked an ran 40 yards wide open then piled up with a heart shot. I would not hesitate recommending one for anyone looking for a slug gun :wink: .