Hip Quivers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

footed shaft

Hip Quivers

Post by footed shaft »

As lots of you know my son aquired a nearly new Vixen a couple weeks ago from a very generous member :)
I want to keep the weight down on the bow so i have opted to use a hip quiver for him. Anyone have suggestions for hip quivers that work well with bolts?? Leather, vinyl i don't care, i just want them to hold a bolt solidly.
Thanks Bill ( and Brandon) :D
mtbyak

Re: Hip Quivers

Post by mtbyak »

Bill,

I have found that just running a belt through the bow quiver worked best for me on crossbow bolts.

There is another one that is just almost flat with the pocket for the head & the rubber grippers that I have used.(I will try & find a link to it)

I do have a plastic rotary one that I used in my compound days that would probably work pretty good as well, but i did find it was noisy when walking through the bush.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
wabi

Post by wabi »

An inexpensive one like this works fine -
http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Bro ... B0000AVDAY
wabi
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I bought one similar to the one Wabi posted, but then decided to carry the quiver in my hunting bag that goes over my shoulder. Here are some other inexpensive hip quivers.

Crossbow Hip Quiver
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I am even cheaper than that I have a cardboard tube with Camo material around it and it slings over my shoulder.
Here it is beside my bow
Tenpoint Matrix
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

wabi wrote:An inexpensive one like this works fine -
http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Bro ... B0000AVDAY
I bought this exact quiver but found the boits falling out so i removed the Styrofoam block that the broadheads sat it, cut off the rubber holders at the top, then found that the excalibur quiver fit inside it perfectly. one bolt to attach the excal quiver to the hip quiver and you essentially convert the security of the excal quiver to the convenience of a hip quiver. I have used it for four seasons now and have not dropped a bolt yet. hope this helps.
F
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Hey everyone
I have made some similar to Dereck's except instead of cardboard, I use plastic canvas that cross-stitcher's use. You can get it in the "notions" section of Walmart or any craft store. It's a little better than cardboard in that if it gets wet it won't dissolve. You can make several for just a few bucks.

Joe
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Lots of good options folks. Keep them coming :) Bill
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

The one that wabi posted is the one I was thinking of 8)

I was out of town all day but will try & get a pick of the one I have tomorrow.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

I use the Kwikee 3 Arrow quiver, I just attached the bracket to a piece of leather and then I made some loop holes for my belt. I can quickly remove the quiver from my hip when I want to sit down.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

I like the looks of that Maritimer. :D
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Look up the Sidewinder Quiver Adapter. I have one made by Vista but TenPoint sells them now. Works pretty good. I found the one I have on closeout for $12.

http://www.sportsandrectec.com/archeryt ... winder.asp
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Here's a quiver i made from 4" drain line a piece of foam some rubber for the bottom and to end caps.
I took a 4"x4" piece of foam in the top. You just shove the arrow up in the quiver nock first the pressure of the foam holds the arrows tight. The broad head point rest on the rubber pad. I used this quiver all the time with my trad bows. I just cut it into and slid it inside its self some glue and a couple of screws and its a crossbow quiver. I tied it to a turkey vest.
Now i use a Gameplan Spot-N-Stock.
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Jim22, i didn't see a quiver on that site at all!!!! :P lol
I may just pick up that adaptor. Bill
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

footed shaft, no it doesn't come with a quiver, just the adapter then you attach any quiver you want. I am using an Excal quiver with mine.