those with summit climbers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

those with summit climbers

Post by crazyfarmer »

which do you have and how do you like? I have the older version of the open shot which I dont like as much anymore. Im not a big fan of the ones where I have to use my shoulders and arms to basically lift the bottom part. Are any of their models the type you sit and then raise the lower part while climbing? I see they have the razor SS which is one I am interested in. Plus they have the new rapid peices so I dont have to bend over and put my feet in those dang straps.
Adrian J Hare

Re: those with summit climbers

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Viper
Goliath
Titan are all sit and climb just each one is a different size.

The razor , I believe it has a folding front.

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=razor
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Rich

Post by Rich »

CF,

I have an API Grand slam and a Summit 180, I will grab the API before the Summit everytime. The Summit is very comfortable but I do not like the cable system that goes around the tree. I do not think it grips as well as my API chains, I have had it slip on slick barked trees. The biggest pain is trying to put it together, I do not like how you have to thread the seat through the rungs in the platform. I think those stirrup things are useless and just get in the way when trying to manuver in the stand. The shoulder straps are cheap and don't care for the way they attached to the top platform, you have to pull them around the seat when you put the stand together.

I know a lot of people love the Summits, just not me and I spend a lot of time in a stand.

Rich
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I've decided that the Titan will be my first climber. If you're a "big ole boy" like I am, you may want to look at the Titan or Goliath.

You may also want to look at Lone Wolf climbers. They're a sit and climb treestand as well and have outstanding reviews.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
hiking

Post by hiking »

I have a older viper, and it's a sit and climb. I also bought the rapid pieces to add to it and they are really worth it. the only problem I ever found with it, is it's too comfortable. you will fall asleep in it.
exocet 200
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have the Viper SS its sit n stand easy use but i should have gotten the bigger one Goliath. They don't like very hard bark trees that be slick & don't climb no icey trees!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
secret

Post by secret »

ImageImageImageImagefailed!Image Heres one that failed!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Normous

Post by Normous »

CF, I have been using the Summit Bullet which is a folding version of the Viper for 4 seasons now. Today the Bullet has been replaced by the folding 2010 Switchblade. The Viper, Bullet and Switchblade have a suround bar on the upper section. It is so easy to sit and rest on the bar when climbing or desending. You can just sit there and pull the lower section up with your feet.

This surround bar also gives you a place to rest your Excalibur when seated in the comfy seat. Plus, it keeps you from falling out.

I did upgrade the backpack straps to a better padded version.

Would I buy the Bullet agian. Yes, 100%. One is nice and comfy up there. A tall guy would appreciate the platform extension bar.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Helmut

Post by Helmut »

I have the Summit Goliath SS. Love it. Roomy and relativley light to pack around. It is rated for 350lbs. I am no where near that but well into 200lbs. I sit on the the upper while I pull the foot plate up with no problem.
After seeing Secret's problem I will now begin taking a close look into the joints before use.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich, have you heard of the treewalker stands? They are atthe hunting show everyyear and a friend has one and loves it. Its light also. Only downside is that its a little long. I just cant stand the summit open shot. No room to move in when seated and I dont like using my arms anymore to climb. I may give api a look also

thanks everyone!
JB2010

Post by JB2010 »

secret wrote:[img]http://i892.photobucket]http.com/albums/ac127/secrethunter/101_2768.jpg[/img][img]http://.com/albums/ac127/secrethunter/101_2769.jpg[/img]Imagefailed!Image Heres one that failed!
Which model was the summit you had to break? it looks like an older model in the pics.
Matrix 380
Nikon 3-9x40 with HHA Optimizer.
Deluxe Munch Mount
FIREBOLTS W/BRASS INSERTS, LUMENOCKS
100gr GRIM REAPERS 1 3/4 cut
weezy

Post by weezy »

Ive heard a couple failures happening with the summit stands like Secret posted which has scared me away from them.

Im gonna try an Ol' man climber this year...
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Try the Tree Walker :)
Tenn.

Equinox
secret

Post by secret »

That was a viper backpack model.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
DanO

Post by DanO »

I have a Viper summit and I like it but it is noisy. It does act up on very hard smooth bark trees. I've gone to poplar and pine as my only two trees to climb. Secret, just wondering what Viper had to say. I assume you sent them the pics.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.