Crank cocking device Excalibur Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Muskyhunter1

Crank cocking device Excalibur Crossbow

Post by Muskyhunter1 »

Hello Folks,

Just new to the forum. Have been crossbow hunting for about 35 years. First crossbow was a Daco (I believe) Hornet? out of New Market, Ontario. About 8 years ago I bought an Excalibur Paradox and it has been a fantastic crossbow. I have never looked back.

The only issue I seem to be having with my crossbow is that I can't cock it while in the tree stand (maybe an age thing). Does anybody have the cocking aid, if so how do you like it and is it that noisy.

Thanks,

Dave
j.krug

Re: Crank cocking device Excalibur Crossbow

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum Dave!

Are you refering to the rope cocking aid or the crankeroo cocking aid?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I have a crank and love it the anti reverse can be turned off for silent operation but you run the risk of hurting your self if you slip and let go .
My 12 year old daughter can cock my 225 pound bow no problem with the crank.
It is easy to use once you do it a few times.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
the elf

Post by the elf »

Gerald Strine----Do not release the ratchet to stop the noise---your left hand placed lightly on the lever will stop 99.9999 % of all noise from the ratchet and is a lot safer for all users regardless of age or physical strength.
My only complaint with the crankeroo is that it does not fit the y25.
Muskyhunter1

Post by Muskyhunter1 »

Thanks folks. I am going to take the plunge (Santa gave me some mad money). I talked to a buddy on the weekend who has one and really likes his too. Again it must be an age thing but in the tree stand I just can't cock my bow. I have a comfort rest and I need too much room to use the rope with the pulleys.

Thanks again for the advise.

Dave
rlilabner

Post by rlilabner »

Where can I get the old type crankaroo for crossbows made befor 2008. I was at thr Great Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg,Pa yhis month and talked to one of your factory reps and he told me you were making the mold for it and it would be avaliable this spring 2011. Wher will and when will I be able to buy one.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I have just recently been given one by some great guys on here. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I had to make a little modification to the cheek piece on my crossbow. That is done and now I am ready to go. I will be posting some pics soon. I used the Crank-a -roo twice in the house, just to see how it works and it is a sweet addition to my crossbow. I will be shooting more than 4 shots from now on. Thanks again guys.
Raymond
Muskyhunter1

Post by Muskyhunter1 »

Went to a couple of archery stores and they said Excalibur stopped making the cranks for the bows prior to 2008 (got an old Paradox - love it) . Was also told Excalibur was making some more and currently taking orders. We are looking at $300.00 after taxes for a new crank. I am sorry that is too much for something that I might like. Bass Pro had some ladder tree stands on for sale $130.00. The design was that the rest will swing out of the way for archery in a split second. Bought a new tree-stand instead. It is cheaper, more versatile and I can now use my rope cocking devise in the tree again.

I find you usually only get one shot anyway

A crank would be nice but oh well.

Dave
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

They pop up periodically in the trading post, fairly inexpensive as well I think.
Have you considered putting an ad there in search of one? You may get lucky.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Muskyhunter1 wrote:Went to a couple of archery stores and they said Excalibur stopped making the cranks for the bows prior to 2008 (got an old Paradox - love it) . Was also told Excalibur was making some more and currently taking orders. We are looking at $300.00 after taxes for a new crank. I am sorry that is too much for something that I might like. Bass Pro had some ladder tree stands on for sale $130.00. The design was that the rest will swing out of the way for archery in a split second. Bought a new tree-stand instead. It is cheaper, more versatile and I can now use my rope cocking devise in the tree again.

I find you usually only get one shot anyway

A crank would be nice but oh well.

Dave
I think you got some bad info they are expensive $149.99 but never heard of them at $300+
Tenpoint Matrix