How do you cock your bow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Re: How do you cock your bow?

Post by Raymond »

Rope cocker for my Equinox. Will be buying a crank a roo in the near future.
Mechanical Advantage

Post by Mechanical Advantage »

These are great responses, I dont feel so bad now! Yeah Dash, I can see how the higher pound bows would significantly increase your chance of cocking off center. Especially with all the shaking and grunting.
Missin

Post by Missin »

hiking

Post by hiking »

exocet 200, and I always use the rope cocker. I even have a spare, plus I spray painted the right handle orange
exocet 200
End of the road

Post by End of the road »

Always the rope cocker on my Exocet 200.
texasbiker

Post by texasbiker »

I’m an Equinonx owner and I use the rope cocker. The rope cocker still will give you a work out when target practicing.
Equinonx
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I have an Exomax (225#) and always use the rope cocker. If I don't have it, I don't hunt.

Once I had one of my limb tips make contact with a tree when I shot causing me to miss. My bow was not hurt. The three deer below my stand never left. With all of the adrenaline pumping through me I thought I would be able to cock back the Exomax by hand to get off another shot since my rope was in a hidden internal pocket. I tried, but no way was it going to happen. Even in the heat of the moment with gloves, that last couple inces of of draw on the ExoMax are meant for those who never really liked having feeling in their fingers anyway. :)

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
steve

Post by steve »

always loaded and unloaded my Wolverine by hand. Bought a 175 Exocet and loaded and unloaded by hand. This year I started loading with the rope cocker when I left the truck and left the rope in the truck. Well, on Dec 28 I shot a deer and reloaded up in the stand while sitting without the rope cocker. My back is still sore. Age becomes a factor and now I will use the rope cocker all the time. The reason I used the 175 lb. was so I didn't need a rope cocker, so I will probably have a new bow next year, might just as well buy a Max if I'm going to use a rope cocker. Now I'll just have to learn how to use it to unload the bow.
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

I can cock my Exocet 200 with one hand tied behind my back and only my little toe on the stirrup but not wanting others around me to feel they're wimps I'll use my rope cocker in their presence. :)

Bill K.